Rhubarb

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    I hope you dont mind but I have acouple of questions about rhubarb.
    We bought a large crown from the car boot from an allotment holder. The plant was a helfty 2 years old, very healthy lots of rhubarb stalks etc. We planted it out in September/October, its died back nicely and I have dressed it with a lot of manure. The question is, as the plant is already 2 and will be 3 next year, is it alright to pick the stalks or should we wait until the year after to be on the safe side?

Thanks -its just the OH is mad about rhubarb

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
      Hi
      I hope you dont mind but I have acouple of questions about rhubarb.
      We bought a large crown from the car boot from an allotment holder. The plant was a helfty 2 years old, very healthy lots of rhubarb stalks etc. We planted it out in September/October, its died back nicely and I have dressed it with a lot of manure. The question is, as the plant is already 2 and will be 3 next year, is it alright to pick the stalks or should we wait until the year after to be on the safe side?

Thanks -its just the OH is mad about rhubarb
      I'd take a few stalks off next year but don't overdo it. It will need time to 'settle in' but should supply enough for a couple of crumbles. At least you seem to have 'treated it proper'.
      Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
      >
      >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
        At least you seem to have 'treated it proper'.
        Ohh... I do try my best
        Thanks will follow your expert advice

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X