Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplanting chillies

Hi,
    I have 5 chilli plants in 1 5 inch pot and they are between 2-3 cms long and slowly developing second set of leaves. Shuld I transplant them into individual pots now? They look health but I find their stem very delicate and long, not sure if the will become leggy. I have them indoors on a window sil and give them few hours of direct sunlight every day when there is sun. What is your advice for me.

PS: I'll try to post a picture soon, struggling with technology at the moment.
    cheers Reks

Transplanting chillies

Here is the picture of my chilli plant. Would appreciate your valuable feedback.
    Attached Files
    cheers Reks

Comment

You pot on when they have developed good roots ... look at the bottom for signs of roots.

They are too small yet.

Also, they need good light, not direct sun.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Love to transplant

planted lots of chillies of various variaties which are left overs from last year too many seeds in pkt to use in one go, kept the remainder in their foil pkt and they in turn were kept in a metal biscuit tin in a cool dry place. They were sown in trays and modules and I used my heated propagator sometime in march and so far only 8/9 are growing - how come?

Comment

The seeds are no good...you should get 90% germination.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            You pot on when they have developed good roots ... look at the bottom for signs of roots.

They are too small yet.

Also, they need good light, not direct sun.
            Thanks, I will keep them on a bright window sill w/o direct sun.
            cheers Reks

Comment

Reks, give them about another two weeks and they should be ready to pot on.
              When you are moving them you can bury the stem a bit deeper than they are now.
              Don't be afraid of the plants, they are a lot sturdier than you would imagine.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Reks, give them about another two weeks and they should be ready to pot on.
                When you are moving them you can bury the stem a bit deeper than they are now.
                Don't be afraid of the plants, they are a lot sturdier than you would imagine.
                Thanks a lot!
                cheers Reks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X