No announcement yet.

Fruit trees in Lidl.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only just got down to Lidl today & they have still got quite a few fruit trees in the one near me, mainly cherry, pear & apple but they didn't have any of the fruit bushes which were what I was considering. The trees did look good value though, if only I could fit one in somewhere!
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Wow! I wen to Lidls in Thurso and found fruit bushes there! I got a red currant and 2 blueberry bushes. The red currant doesn't look too healthy but the blueberry bushes look okay, and when I separated out the bits of twig and root from the packaging, what I actually had was five separate plants. Where else can you get 5 blueberry bushes for £2?! If even one survivies, it's still a bargain I reckon. Mind you, they did look suspiciously like they'll been pulled up out of a hillside somewhere... very thin and twiggy like the bilberries around here, not like the cultivated blueberries at all... hmmm.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Hi BW! bet they looked a darn sight better than the ones in Preston! ie. non existent! DDL
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Most definitely, and I'm very grateful! Can't grow many tender crops up here but blueberries are one thing we shoud be quite good at, and probably my favourite fruit too!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Guess what I got today!

Nipped into the Lidl's near work at lunchtime - there were five bramley apples trees left! So now I'm the proud owner of one of them. Will plant it tomorrow. DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Nice one DDL! Hope it proves a fruitful purchase!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                Nipped into the Lidl's near work at lunchtime - there were five bramley apples trees left! So now I'm the proud owner of one of them. Will plant it tomorrow. DDL
                DDL Have you got other trees to polinate it? as I think Bramley it is a self sterile triploid!
                Apple trees are not my forte, so I could be wrong though!

Found this site on net!

http://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk/sea...RASEE&pageno=5
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just had a look in my book Snadger and you are quite right.
                  [

Comment

Yes thanks, I have another apple tree in my front garden, not sure what kind it is though! Fingers crossed! DDL
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

You need two non triploid varieties for pollination DDL. If any neighbours have apple trees hopefully theirs will fall into the right catagory for pollinating your apple tree.
                      [

Comment

I avoided the Bramley for that very reason. James Grieve is generally a good pollinator as are crab apples (so I am led to believe). My two are going in the garden as espaliers - wish me luck. Fortunately I have been able to explain succinctly to Mr E who has said "yes" - result!
                        Bright Blessings
                        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I'm disappointed that I missed the trees - just saw this post today.... oh well... that'll teach me! I'll have to start logging on more often - and making sure I check the Lidl and Aldi offers more often!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                            I'm disappointed that I missed the trees - just saw this post today.... oh well... that'll teach me! I'll have to start logging on more often - and making sure I check the Lidl and Aldi offers more often!!
                            Just out of interest I've signed on to Lidl online.(web address given earlier in this thread I think) Apparently they send you an email twice a week with there instore offers on!

I've got no excuses now!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Not sure what my other tree is! "Eating variety" methinks! If it doesn't work, I'll just get another tree next year! DDL
                              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Only prob DDL is we don't know how old these things are and whether they are supposed to fruit and flower next year. We can only wait to see if they flower. If they then fruit - BINGO! Mind you at the price they are another one is affordable.
                                Bright Blessings
                                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X