Fruit trees in Lidl.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
    Hi all. Have been in this am. They are advertising wild bird stuff for Thursday 26th and fruit trees from Saturday 28th in the south. Fruit bushes (shows blackberry, raspberry, gooseberry and blueberry are 99p each and fruit trees (cherry, plum, pear and apple) £3.99 each. Also advertising assorted roses and plants.
    The South North divide again...nothing up our way, you lucky blighters!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Sorry about that, nothing I can do. However I'm glad I'm off that week. It's half term down here. Will have to see if I can persuade Miss E that we need to make at least two trips to Lidl next week as I want some baking stuff on Monday too. I've got to get to grips with the school lunch thing.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

None in Skeg yet either; will keep checking though; want a pear, plum and cherry to go with the apple we already have. We're not supposed to grow them on our site, so they'll be grown in tubs which will be sunk into the ground. As the saying goes; where there's a will, there's a way.
        Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by skegblade View Post
          None in Skeg yet either; will keep checking though; want a pear, plum and cherry to go with the apple we already have. We're not supposed to grow them on our site, so they'll be grown in tubs which will be sunk into the ground. As the saying goes; where there's a will, there's a way.
          Good thinking skegblade..portable fruit you might say?!!!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

At least that way if you move you can take it with you rather than leaving it for the next person. Especially if it is a particular favourite.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I never thought of that Earthbabe. It'll also mean I can move them round as I'm not sure where the fruit section on the allotment is going to be. Saw Lidl's new brochure at work this morning; our store has them from the 28th. Will give you one guess where I'll be at 8.30 that morning after taking OH to work.
              Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Might be worth doing a bit of investigative work before going to shop!

Checking which varieties are self fertile if you only want one, and the type you want etc.

I went to Netto's and saw some fruit trees, came back and did some research on the varieties they had, went back and they were all sold!!!

Forewarned is forarmed!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  The South North divide again...nothing up our way, you lucky blighters!
                  If you want I could grab some and post them up to you.

Also in the spring £land do them for errrrmmm oh yeah £1.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by skegblade View Post
                    We have the other probelm all are trees are protected so if you want to cut one down even if it is dead you need to plant another of the same viarity wait till it is established then chop the old one down.

Ok my plum tree is dead how do I know what type it was...it was planted 80 years ago.
                    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Plant what you want Nog, how will they prove any different ?
                      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

The nice garden centre near my mum's was selling gooseberry plants for £1.99 - 2003? I bought 3 reds for hubby's christmas present! I did wrap them up.
                        My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
                        Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

Went to Lidl this morning and got the last two plum trees. In spite of the weather (it was pouring with rain) most of the trees had been sold.
                          Did anyone else get any?

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Just bear in mind that you do get what you pay for. We looked at the trees sold by various outlets like Lidl and Aldi etc. They were worth exactly what they were charging for them.

Comment

I don't agree Palustris I have bought cheep fruit trees and bushes and also what they call the better expensive end and have had mixed results with both types doing well and some even dieing

Comment

I've bought fruit trees before from Lidl ans Aldi am very pleased with the majority of them. I think where they are planted, the soil and other conditions have a bearing on the end product as well as quality. My plum tree has been a gem the last few years and it was really cheap in Aldi, and my raspberries and blackcurrents also, so i don't think you can generalise about either cheap or expensive ones.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X