Yellow Banana Legs...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Banana Legs...

...I've got them, what do I do with them!? I bought some tumbler tomato seeds on Ebay & got the yellow bananas & black cherry seeds free! All have come up fine and are happily growing in the greenhouse, but when the time comes I'm not sure where they should go This is my first time growing any tomatoes and I've been searching the net for info - apparently the bananas are a bush type and the black cherry a vine (although I stand to be corrected!) but can anyone tell me where they belong? In the greenhouse or outside?
    If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
    Cicero

Hi Bibliobeck
    Have had a look and found the following for you - apologies if you already have this info
    Yellow-legs - yellow paste type fruit, 4" long and 1 - 1 1/2" diameter. Meaty with few seeds & good taste. Solid yellow colour , sometimes with light green stripes. Very prolific. Determinate. 75 days to maturity.
    Black Cherry - Indeterminate, 65 days to maturity. True cherry type deep red colour with blackish hues. Full flavoured - rich and sweet.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Many thanks for that Rat! They sound scrummy - have you any idea where I should be planting them out? I've got them in pots at the moment in the greenhouse and (I'm amazed to say) they're looking very healthy. When they are ready to move on I'll have space both outside in my raised bed and inside in the greenhouse, although there is less space in here & they'd have to go in growbags. Also, do you know if they'll need support? Sorry for sounding like a complete novice who knows nothing...but I am!
      If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
      Cicero

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X