Hello all you Grapeviners

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    Thanks for the great welcome, will defo be in touch in the future.
    Tina
    I think I'm the only grower in Coventry. Any body else there!

Comment

Originally posted by Teeny View Post
      Every one seems interested in my Cream sausage tomato. I bought the from mr Fothergills, in the heritage seed section. This is what is said about them on the packet.
      " A real novelty with creamy coloured, unusual fruits on vigorous, bushy plants. They have a sweet flavour, can be used to make cream coloured tomato sauces for something very different and certainly makes slicing easier too! Semi-determinate elongated plum type."
      Welcome to the vine Teeny!

The tomatoes look a bit like the Orange Banana type that I grew last year!

Keep doing the experiments, it's one of the best ways to learn methinks and DO pass on what you've learned so you can educate all of us!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Howdy.

Hello Tina, welcome to the Vine.
        I'm near you in soggy Leicester.
        Did you know there is a very big potato day at Ryton on Feb Sunday 3RD (SAT for Members)

You can buy seed potatoes individually..!!

I grew several different varieties last year in pots just to see what tasted best, sadly they all did.

- Forthcoming event in association with Garden Organic
        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Another Leicester person here - hello Everyone is so lovely and friendly here so don't be afraid to chip in a bit.
          We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
          Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

Hello Seasprout,

I,m going to Ryton on Sunday's potato day. Not being a member can't go on Saurday. I'm worried I'll get carried away, I bought loads of seed last time I went.
            There is a stall on Coventry Market selling seed potatos, the same way as they will be doing at Ryton, and saw at least 25 different types, had no money on me at the time so didn't go mad.

I forgot to tell every body I have lots of Marco garlic in pots at the moment, lots of green shoots. It really is easy to grow.

Tina.
            I think I'm the only grower in Coventry. Any body else there!

Comment

Originally posted by Teeny View Post
              Been secretly getting advice from all you lovely people, over the past 6 months or so.
              Have finally had the nerve to join.Tina
              Hi Teeny I was just like you, and lurked around here for about 10 months before I plucked up the nerve to start posting Wish I'd jumped in sooner - everyone is just lovely!
              Good luck for the new season, I think we're all hoping for better this year!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X