Ball cock self filling reservoir

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost there. A tub of plumbers mait has fixed the leaks
    So I salvaged some industrial plastic trunking stuff (for covering cables) and drilled 6 large holes. Inserted plant pots and filled with compost. Not the deepest of planter at around 10" soil and the last 2" for water. I'm assuming the water will slowest soak up and damp the bottom layer of soil, maybe it won't... not sure if it's meant to or not.
    And planted the 4 pepper plants in it that had outgrown its pots and will keep an eye on it. Won't fill the other 3 untill I'm happy with the first.

Still need to fix leaky water butt tap and connect to ballcock box but at least I can monitor that level for now. Will post pictures soon
    412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

Square metre gardening. The 5 gallon tubs I have roughly a square foot hold a little shy of 20 litre of compost. I've put 80 litre in these (well in one of them and a bit less in 2 others) but they're all a bit short so will top up so let's call it 90-100 litre per planter.

On the top left I have 8 cucumber. Bottom left nothing yet but will house more cucumber, cucamelons and watermelons.

Right has 4 pepper and probably a watermelon

Bottom right no compost to keep eye on water level for a few days, will eventually grow the Carolina reapers in it.

Apart from lack of soil I'm pleased so far

Comment

Next time you have to cut holes in plastic try a piece of correctly sized copper pipe heated to cherry red.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip. The only plastic I've drilled hole in is for the pots in water, which I used a 3" cutting holesaw drill bit. The drums are metal.

Comment

Is that an external greenhouse you have all that in?
            If it is and it is unheated, you will need to "mind" sensitive seedlings
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X