No announcement yet.

Outdoor taps!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Worcester is recognised as being one of the best on the market I have one of their combi's but they are probably one of the most expensive too.

At the moment we are fitting a lot of Baxi Duo Tech combi's much less expensive and with a 7 year manufacturers parts and labour guarantee they are exceptional value for money.

For those of you who have a boiler with a long guarantee do read the small print as it is subject to 'terms & conditions'. These include having the boiler serviced/inspected every year and having the log book filled in and signed as proof, also make sure the inhibitor in your system is topped up to the required percentage. Failure to do the above could invalidate your warranty.

Sally when you start looking for quotes you can always PM me for advice on what's being offered. A lot of manufacturers sell their boilers ridiculously cheap and then charge an absolute fortune for spares.

No names no pack drill on an open forum but I got a quote last week for an internal pump the base of which had been altered so an ordinary pump would not fit £352 plus vat plus labour even I had to sit down Our normal price would be about £200 all in tops.
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

NS, we have just had a Worcester boiler fitted and so far appears to be good.
      sigpic

Comment

Have just had a Worcester combi fitted and it is lovely and quiet - if a bit pricey. And we got the condensate pipe fitted behind the kitchen radiator (which is really just there for show) to keep it all tidy.

What is annoying is I think my plumbers may have tipped something down the sink as it's suddenly, inexplicably and comprehensively blocked. Going to attack it with a plunger in a mo. Or rather OH is, he's been dying to have a go.

Our allotment taps are going off at the weekend, but the dip tanks were frozen this morning to an inch or so deep. Poor birds will have bruised beaks!

Attached Files
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I've just realised that our condensate pipe is in the garage as we have our washing machine in there and so obviously a drain so should be ok during the winter months, fingers crossed.
          sigpic

Comment

Jay if it isn't insulated I would spend a couple of quid on some 22mm 6mm wall thickness pipe insulation could save a awful lot of bother is the garage drops below freezing.

The trouble with condensate pipes is the liquid trickles down the pipe in small quantities so they freeze far more easily than ordinary water pipes.
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X