No announcement yet.

Awesome Ideas Of 2017!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is hardly an 'awesome idea' but I'm considering taking the wooden slats from my shed roof off and replacing them with sheets of twinwall polycarbonate.

The idea is to have a shed come greenhouse thingy, with shelving high up around the inside.

Is there anything I should be considering, or reasons not to do it ?
    Critical replies welcome.
    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

What shape is the roof - pent or apex?
      Which direction does the slope of the roof face?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        What shape is the roof - pent or apex?
        Which direction does the slope of the roof face?
        I'll get back to you in a minute after I've googled 'pent or apex'.

It's an Apex roof shed.
        Last edited by KevinM67; 10-11-2017, 09:56 PM. Reason: Getting technical with VC
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Fish tank to tiny greenhouse conversion plan

My fish tank had a leak about a month ago,I haven't known what to do but the tank had to come out. I'm going to clean it up a tiny bit & put plants in there in the spring like a small greenhouse. I can use the fish tank lights for plants still,they're on hooks & can be lowered a bit,this is what it looks like now,I need to work out some kind of shelving within the shelving for the seed trays or something like that. I dont really know what I'm doing but it needs sanding & painting next

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0884.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	2375672 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0885.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2375673 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0886.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	2375674

Comment

My grow light area's nearly ready,I didn't know what to do as a base it's a bit wonky on the right,but I used some self adhesive film & the wonkiness wont notice one day probably the first photo's from Saturday & the second photo's from today,same bulb its funny how the colour looks different,it looks cold in the first picture,I might have had the main lights in the room turned off on Saturday?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0887.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	2375706 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0889.jpg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	2375707

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse