Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Growlights MKII (part1)

Ok Koky, here we go!

Stage 1: Items used - A surplus trolley, the lid off MKI growlight, more Red & Blue LED Strip lights, sheet of polycarb. White Hardboard.

Stage 2: Trolley was turned upside down, a length of glazing bar was fastened to the back to accept polycarb. the LED's were then cut to length & stuck to the underneath then solder linked. The trolley was boarded with white hardboard, the sort you get on the back of kitchen cupboards.

Stage 3: The polycarb sheet was pushed into the glazing bar & clipped to the front of the trolley, the lights were then tested.

Stage 4: 2 wooden blocks were placed on the top shelf for the lid to sit on. Legs were fastened to the lid & placed on top of the blocks. A dual height shelf was placed in the bottom.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-01-2017, 03:53 PM. Reason: Forgot the Hardboard.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

LED Growlights MKII (Part 2)

Stage 5: Top shelf now holds Lettuce, Tomato, Kale & Broad Beans

Stage 6: The bottom shelf has Broad Beans & Spring Onions

Stage 7: Finished Project.............................for now......

Attached Files
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

loving them BM...any more.

Comment

Big Guy, I have to say that is bloody marvellous, I so wish I had more room to play with in the shed to do something similar but with the secondary equipment I have bought at the lower level.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Cheers Al, I am sure your setup will be just fine.

Comment

Big Guy - I saw this and thought it really needed to be added to this thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-ltPsbw9g Now I know what to do with my shovel when the ground is too wet or frozen to dig with.
              Last edited by Cadalot; 14-01-2017, 06:54 AM.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

Yeh, I've seen him before Al, he plays & makes some weird & wonderful guitars. Here's one out of an oil can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-dmuTEhWdk
                Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-01-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

BM - your fish TV keeps popping up on fb - is it you or has someone 'stolen' your idea?
                  Last edited by vixylix; 17-01-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

It's not me Vicki as I don't have a FB account. There are many Fish TV's out there.

Comment

Right! After careful discussion and deliberation with my OH, the plan for the dedicated "Grow Room" as changed!

Yeah I get where she's coming from, set it up in the loft you converted a good few years back, put a door on the bottom of the stairs with a lock so none of the "Grand kiddies" can interfere or touch your plants, it already as everything you need with regards to lighting, electrics, computer cables etc and your out of the way!

Didn't actually know how to take that last statement to be honest! .........

But Yeah! She's right!

So have this weekend made a start! (Although annoyingly, this is half the stuff I moved to clear the spare bedroom) Skip needed I think!
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Here's where we are at!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2370874

Name:	IMG_1727.jpg
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2370875

Name:	IMG_1728.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2370876

Name:	IMG_1730.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2370877

Still a lot to do, n junk to shift, early day's, but I'm on it!
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Oh n a word of warning! Never put a cream carpet down in a Daughter's bedroom, makeup stains everywhere!

Comment

A pallet is a great idea, loads on skips! so go skip diving for more (don`t forget to ask the hirer) I`ve used guttering to keep my stock of canes in, not forgetting to angle it slight to allow water to drain off.
                            I love the idea of this thread, as I`m a keen handyman that gets loads of free stuff from work that can be re-purposed.
                            One idea is to use pallet wood to make a tomatoe grow bag holder, commercial ones are advertised in GYO and one allotmenteer has one which I`ll simply clone!
                            Watch this space!
                            Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

I had 2 of these 5 tier wormeries doing nowt as I failed at growing worms so I have cut the bottoms out of all but the bottom one & will have a bash at growing a couple of potato towers with them. I plan on planting 4 seeds at every level so will see how it goes. Each level has a 22mm hole in each side to allow the haulms to grow out at each level. More pics to follow as it happens:

Comment

I don't know if this as been done but ayo , instead of using full lengths of polly pipe to make netting hoops i'm going to use corners to make my netting frames ,i'll make the corners from 12inch lenths of polly pipe wamed up and bent at a 90% i'll warm in hot water and plunge into cold water ,ive got a load stakes that fit into the pipe these will be cut into 1.5 mtr lengths for the top and 1mt for the uprights ,these will form a sq gage and i'll not lose growing room in the area that is part of the arch ,my way of thinking is sticks are cheaper than polly pipe, and i'm thinking it can be done with smaller tuping and canes for easy cloches using pollythene ? a t b Dal
                                Last edited by Dalrimple; 26-02-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X