Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using barbed or razor wire on private land, any advice?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    I've just ordered one of these for my shed, @ £3.50 it's a steal. It may not stop them but may be a deterrent if they do open your gate:

Wireless Security Keypad Door Alarm System With Panic Button Shed Garage Caravan | eBay
    I broke mine within minutes, I found the laser ones better but they go through batteries rather quickly.

Comment

I bought something similar a few weeks back BM, after a series of shed break-ins round this way. Not the loudest thing in the world but I can hear it in the house and when enclosed by the shed it makes being there uncomfortable.

Cost a bit more than that though.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
        I bought something similar a few weeks back BM, after a series of shed break-ins round this way. Not the loudest thing in the world but I can hear it in the house and when enclosed by the shed it makes being there uncomfortable.

Cost a bit more than that though.
        I was sceptical at the price Potty but this vid convinced me to go for it:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

**** em, wire the fence up to the mains during the night, they shouldn't be climbing your fence, and make sure you put lots of signs saying electric fence danger of death just to keep on the right side of the law.
          Last edited by Nicos; 21-10-2015, 04:43 AM. Reason: Sorry...had to edit that bit;)
          82.6% of people believe any statstic!

Comment

* Mod note!*

Please keep suggestions legal, even if you are saying things in a joking way.
            Ta muchly
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

You'd be surprised MH, Cemetaries attract all sorts of unsavoury characters.
              I once roughed it in a school field that backed onto a cemetery that some used as a short cut, anyway about 2am and I'm just about to go to slepp and a couple walked across the cemetery got down near a grave and made enough noise to wake the dead

Comment

My family & a few neighbours had our sheds broken into years ago at our old house,the garden backed onto a playing field,tools & bikes stolen. So we put barbed wire up,it was well visible to anyone passing by,it wasn't flat,it was wavy looking or something. As long as people can see it & 6ft high is away from little kids & dogs. The shed had a new trip wire attached,so that when the door opened a quite deafening bang occurred,no damage just bang,we heard it one night,but they ran off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                  My family & a few neighbours had our sheds broken into years ago at our old house,the garden backed onto a playing field,tools & bikes stolen. So we put barbed wire up,it was well visible to anyone passing by,it wasn't flat,it was wavy looking or something. As long as people can see it & 6ft high is away from little kids & dogs. The shed had a new trip wire attached,so that when the door opened a quite deafening bang occurred,no damage just bang,we heard it one night,but they ran off.
                  So the barbed wire did not work then just wondered what it was for

Comment

The barbed wire was to give as much protection as possible,although it couldn't be put up between the neighbours gardens (lower fence on one side,leylandii on the other side) it was just up on the fence next to the field. So not completely secure,but we did what we could.

Comment

Not being funny lass but with the rats indoors and the human rats outdoors i would have to move, why throw good money after bad, get the hell outta dodge.
                      Last edited by jackarmy; 21-10-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

That's easy to say, Jack, but most people can't upsticks that easily. Neither you or I know anything of Evan's personal circumstances.
                        Anyway, nobody should have to leave their home because of kids who have no respect for someone else's property.

Comment

It was slightly tongue in cheek VC, just remembered the rat problem, not intended to tell people how to run their lives lol.

Comment

I've just ordered one of these for my shed, @ £3.50 it's a steal. It may not stop them but may be a deterrent if they do open your gate:

Wireless Security Keypad Door Alarm System With Panic Button Shed Garage Caravan | eBay
                            Those look good big mally, I got a deterrant sign too.
                            If you want to view paradise
                            Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                              It was slightly tongue in cheek VC, just remembered the rat problem, not intended to tell people how to run their lives lol.
                              We havent seen a rat indoors for while now..... forgot about them its been that long. We are saving up to move to Alston in 4 years. If I hd it my way Id move today but with a kid with special needs its a nightmare to get the help in the first place and moving at this moment would just knock her back more. Also my bf is at uni hence the 4 years we are stuck in this hole! I can not wait to move!

Comment

Well I got a deterrant sign, gonna get some of that sticky paint, put thorny bushes (pyracantha firethorn) at the bottom of the fence and moved the apple tree, it actually looks better as an espallier on the fence closer to the house. Just gotta move the strawberries now.

5He kids come in during the day while we were in the house.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X