Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using barbed or razor wire on private land, any advice?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you could smear with treacle.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      I'd have thought 6 feet of earth and a marble headstone would have kept most of your neighbours on their own side of the gate, BM!
      You'd be surprised MH, Cemetaries attract all sorts of unsavoury characters.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

The last church I lived next to (lived next to three in my time - I appreciate quiet neighbours ) the only thing separating the churchyard from my garden was 3 foot high sheep netting.....

.....and two Dobermanns.....
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

My uncle had problems and fitted a ledge very close to the top of the fence. He then piled manure onto the ledge.

Comment

I know at the allotments we are allowed barbed wire around the top but definitely no razor wire. Some folks wanted machine guns at each corner but we weren't allowed those either!

Comment

Whilst I feel your pain and long for the days when criminals were actually punished.

I certainly would not use razor wire at a height of 6 feet. It can cause horrendous injuries and even death if an artery is damaged and guess who is going to see the judge then......

If you use anything like that or barbed wire it must be a visible deterrent otherwise it could be construed as a 'man trap' and again it is you that would be going to see the judge.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Just a thought if its a wooden fence could you knock in a few nails from the underside of the top rail so they stick out the top side. Should you catch one of the perpetrators and they cut they little dinkies you would know nothing about it and anyway you find nails in wooden fencing.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

A sign saying, Warning this site is infected with Taraxacum, keep well away.

Taraxacum being the common dandelion.

Second line of defence is to smear the top rail with cat poo.

Third option, Warning large population of Adders, nearest anti venom 5 miles away.
                  Last edited by Bill HH; 19-10-2015, 08:24 PM.
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                    Should you catch one of the perpetrators and they cut they little dinkies
                    Their little.....................WHAT?

Comment

Dinkies VC dinkies Nottm for fingers

Some folk have very suspicious minds

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thought it was a typo, Potty

Comment

Well this was worth popping in for. Evans I feel your pain. If you have CCTV did you catch anything? If not why not?
                          "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

My CCTV is more focused on my patio/greenhouse as there is a lot of vandalism round here and I keep my barrow etc on the patio so people don't steal it. What's worrying is that my bf was in the house at the time and when he looked out the window he just caught them going back over the fence so he didn't get a good look, although we have our suspicions. They would of seen him in the house but still jumped over anyway. Suppose its better than them kicking the gate open and busting my locks like they did last year.
                            If you want to view paradise
                            Simply look around and view it.

Comment

I've just ordered one of these for my shed, @ £3.50 it's a steal. It may not stop them but may be a deterrent if they do open your gate:

Wireless Security Keypad Door Alarm System With Panic Button Shed Garage Caravan | eBay
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

A friend of mine years ago was having problems with kids climbing on his out buildings, think old terraced housing like in Coronation Street, and coming right up to the house to either peer in his windows or sit on his window ledges.
                                So he got non drying paint and smothered his window ledges and his out building roof with it. He also put up necessary legal stuff outside warning the little sods that this stuff was about. A couple of days later a very angry mother knocked on his door complaining. He just told her tough and explained that he was sick of the little sods and what they were doing. She couldn't do anything as he had put all the legal stuff up as needed.
                                Personally I would go for razor wire, barbed wire etc. In fact the way they come in can you make a small ditch/pool so when the come in the fall over and get really muddy and wet. Wont see the mud in the dark Just think what you could put in the muddy mixture
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X