Solar panels for my shed? Any ideas? :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are lots of ways to search for them, Samuel
    For these, I looked at your profile page at "Latest started threads" as I could remember that you had talked about solar panels before.

Comment

And the lady was trained by MI5
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
        And the lady was trained by MI5
        I used my Sniffer dogs to search for them

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel1988 View Post
          Evening all

Has anyone installed solar panels on their allotment shed roof? If so what does yours power, how much did it cost and would you recommend it? Many thanks!

Samuel
          I bought this:
          Solar Power Panel Brushless Water Pump Fountain Pool Garden Watering Kits 220L/H | eBay for £7.91

Connected it to this:
          23M MICRO IRRIGATION SYSTEM 71PC AUTOMATIC GARDEN PLANT GREENHOUSE WATERING KIT | eBay for £4.99

(without the sprinkler bit of course)

I added the pump to my water butt and the other end trailed into my greenhouse. The thinking is that it'll work at the sunniest when I can't water as frequently as I'd like.

The set up is slow and only works when the sunshine is strong and the water doesn't yet flow above 1.5 feet in the greenhouse - could probably play with the levels a bit so it flows better (or it might get more pressure with more sunshine in the middle of summer), but as it happens it does exactly what I want it to do. On test it transferred 3/4 of a large water butt in about 5 hours of winter sun.

Whilst things are not needing so much water I just raise the tube above the level it will flow which means I can leave it connected without wasting water.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X