No announcement yet.

Greenhouse advice please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlet, VC - I think that's exactly what he's saying.

Euan, as you're never going to get much light coming through that side with the fence being there, hows about using ply and painting it white to reflect light? Just a thought ...

Comment

Looking at your shadow the sun is behind you so you are looking approximately northish.

As per AIC I would cover the two area's of vertical fence rails with marine ply and paint it white, this would reflect the sun back into your GH.

I think your neighbour has done something similar at the rear of his GH.

Potty
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Apologies for the lack of clarity.

Are you asking what to use for the back panel of your mini greenhouse ?
        You want to cover the vertical planks in the fence but not the horizontal plank?
        Yes.

Thanks for the suggestions about boarding it and painting the boarding white.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
          Looking at your shadow the sun is behind you so you are looking approximately northish.
          Yes that's correct.

I think your neighbour has done something similar at the rear of his GH.
          Looking at the photograph again you're right he has.

As per AIC I would cover the two area's of vertical fence rails with marine ply and paint it white, this would reflect the sun back into your GH.
          I think this is the way to go.

Comment

Am thinking some polycarbonate sheets screwed in and then some polystyrene sheets screwed/pinned on top - that way should be pretty good for keeping out moisture, keeping heat in and reflecting the sun as suggested.

Comment

Wood will not act as a heat sink like a large tank of water or bricks will because its the mass that stores the heat.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X