Making a mini cloche frame from old airers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a mini cloche frame from old airers

Not sure if anybody has posted this idea before but back in February I found a way of making a mini cloche frame from old airers. We had to buy some new folding airers as the old ones had started to lose bits of the plastic coating. These are the 3 or 4 sections which fold out sometimes called traditional airers. I managed with to bend the old airers into a semi circle with just using hand power. The bottom legs were bent at a ninety degree angle and these were pushed into the ground to provide staking. If you do not have any old airers they can usually be picked up at car boots pretty cheaply.

Attached Files
    Garden tool buying advice, maintenance & general tips www.gardentoolslist.com

really good! when I made mine it wouldnt bend so ended up as a tent shape - but it did work - eventually rusted and fell apart ...still have some sticks of it somewhere in the cellar.
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

I've had this idea in the back of my mind for a while. Just haven't spotted any at the car boot sale yet. I love making something new out of something old.
      Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
      Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Now that is clever. Mine have been pressed into service to prop up my tomatoes in grow bags a few years ago - and I am going to use some for non-fence fences on the plot to give a bit of a barrier to the trespassers.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X