Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping weeds in gravel - long term solutions

Have heard salt and vinegar work?
    Did try salt - put loads on and think it did help a bit.....
    Any other ideas?
    Gofarmer online marketing website, livestock for sale, hens for sale, rural crafts, fresh produce and more.

We put a weed suppressing membrane down first - really effective. If you are not against using a chemical in the Uk we have something called Pathclear.
    A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

pull them out before they get out of control?

Unfortunately you can't stop weed seeds coming in on the wind, no matter what you choose to remove them
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We put membrane down too and then the gravel on top. We don't get weeds coming through due to the membrane but the birds drop loads of seeds into the gravel from the bird feeders which causes all sorts to grow but that only takes me a few minutes every couple of weeks to pull up so not too bad. Have never needed to add any weed killer and that would probably take longer than the weeding.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Because we've had a relatively mild winter the shops should be selling rocksalt cheaply? I have a couple of bags lying around which I may try on a few perrenial weeds in my paths at the allotment. My paths are woodchip so it won't look too out of place methinks, and is worth a try!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I've also heard salt and vinegar works to get rid of weeds. I saw a picture of the results a few days ago; I've never done it myself. We just pull 'em out.

Comment

I usually dig mine out, as I have to rake the gravel anyway as it seems to shift like the ocean tides for some strange reason and end up all over one edge. I'm sure I don't quite pull wheelies off the drive everymorning with my old, tiny little Golf? :/ puzzling! Must be gravel goblins then the blaggards! LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X