Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
    bored beans .............
    And I thought my beans were quite happy!

Thanks Caroline, I will certainly consider for another year. They sound lovely.
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

What lovely veg caroline! Was the bottle full before you took the picture? LOL! Bernie
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Can't quite remember

Comment

Suddenly found it was just me for dinner, so put the prepared ingredients back in fridge and wandered into the tunnel and then looked in the fridge for inspiration. Had a salad:

from the tunnel, fresh iceburg lettuce, radish, spring onion and herbs (oregano, basil and a wee bit of peppermint) with sliced raw carrots, raw courgette, raw kohl rabi. Finished off with Shetland hot smoked salmon and crumbled feta cheese. Light drizzle of olive oil.

Delicious! Sorry no pics
          Last edited by JennieAtkinson; 07-07-2007, 07:49 AM. Reason: Too many ssss in delicious
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

New potatoes fresh from the plot, mangetout peas and broad beans. Raspberries and strawberries eaten straight from the plants. Courgette for tomorrow.

Comment

New potatoes for tea tonight. (Colleen, Irish organic, not bad but quite small, maybe should have left them a bit longer but couldn't resist!)
              Attached Files
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

The first proper courgettes (the other one was a baby) which I made into HFW's courgette souffle. Delicious!
                ~
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

The potatoes went down really well with some fish & carrots (sadly not homegrown-never got round to sowing any) & had a nice flavour, a couple were a bit scabby though- supposed to happen when they're too dry! No idea why that happened with all this rain.
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Not a huge harvest, but we managed to have an allotment dinner:
                    eggs (from Chicken Michael) baked on Chard, with new pots (Pentland Jav?); a few peas and broad beans, radish, one beetroot (only four grew, so I'm using them sparingly), plus loads and loads of lettuce and nasturtiums, and chives
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X