No announcement yet.

Online Vegetable Show

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennie, i too was a cub scout leader many many moons ago and then became a beaver scout leader, but like you i have given up and found gardening instead.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Nick I'm definitely with the others on the bit about you being smart, but I can also see you being gossipy & playing tricks, I think you have a secret wicked (in a nice way!) side!
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
        Ok I'll come clean - I was a Cub Scout Leader (many many moons ago) and I was Baloo ....
        Doesn't Baloo have fat a...?
        You are never too old to learn

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
          Jennie, i too was a cub scout leader many many moons ago and then became a beaver scout leader, but like you i have given up and found gardening instead.
          I've been roped into coming up with ideas for a Woodcraft Folk group - "woodchips" and "elfins" - upto age 10. I used to go to the Woodcraft Folk - loved camping, nature,... Unfortunately stopped going during first year of secondary school - too much homework and no one else I knew from school went.
          My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
          Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

• I was in the ATC briefly...til they told me I had to get my hair cut!

There was no scouts group where I lived just the YMCA! The Village People were Top of the Pops at the time so I thought "Nah, I'll give that a miss if you don't mind"!!!
            Just Lifeboys and Boys Brigade!
            Wonder whether they are still on the go or not?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I too was a beaver leader and a cub leader many moons ago -was in Venture Scouts when they first admitted the fairer sex to Scouting - funny, but attendance definitely rose after that !
              Snadger, my nephew is in Scouts but has also joined the Boys Brigade - because they have a pipe band and he is learning to play them - but he had to get written permission from the Greater Glasgow Scout HQ !!
              Rat

British by birth
              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Now we know where all the scout. cub and beaver leaders went, they took up gardening.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Snadger, I was in the ATC too! Loved the flying, even managed to get a flying scholarship and my PPL at age 17, before going into RAF for Pilot training, but it wasnt what I thought and I was really too young to give it my best shot, so when they told me I was going to be recoursed I left, still love the flying, but no longer have a licence, cant afford it nowadays!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                  Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                  Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                  On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• don't mind pics of veg. not sure about my own pic on line, it would frighten the children..jimbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo View Post
                      don't mind pics of veg. not sure about my own pic on line, it would frighten the children..jimbo.
                      If I put my passport picture on (the one where I look like a convict!) I would frighten the grown ups!
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Enjoyed your pics Multiveg. You've certainly got a great selection there.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

• what spare time??????jimbo.

Comment

• i must be in the wrong place, scouts, atc. i'm to old, i was a national serviceman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jimbo.

Comment

• Ah, but with age comes wisdom and experience Jimbo, the sort of thing you can share with all us eager youngsters on here, all looking up to those with much more experience than we have!
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Dig for Victory then jimbo!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X