Online Vegetable Show

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll go in for biggest slug
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Oooh, I could win that one Two Sheds, I had some whoppers last year & one was a weird spotted/striped one called a leopard slug!
      Attached Files
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

• We could also have 'tallest non-flowering sweet pea' for Snadger, I would come second with some stunted flowerless beauties from last year!

Comment

• Originally posted by SueA View Post
          Oooh, I could win that one Two Sheds, I had some whoppers last year & one was a weird spotted/striped one called a leopard slug!
          Oh no you can't Sue!!! You are a mod now and will be one of the judges!!!
          [

Comment

• That's more exciting L.J., the power might go to my head! Never stood much of a chance with anything I've grown as I only tend to get small dainty-sized produce & would have to fight the slugs/snails for them!

Comment

Oooh, a leopard slug!
              I know it's a slug, but...it's actually rather beautiful. Did you keep him?
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We could also have 'tallest non-flowering sweet pea' for Snadger, I would come second with some stunted flowerless beauties from last year!
                Look at that SueA, here's me sticking up for you , and gettting you a banner, and what do I get??? Abusing my sweet peas!!!
                Anyway, they're not mine anymore, I've given that plot up so the new tennant can reap the reward! The sweet peas are still pegging along so they may be the earliest flowering sweet pea in 2007, or not!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  I know it's a slug, but...it's actually rather beautiful. Did you keep him?
                  Why? Did you fancy a sarnie then Two Sheds??
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• New category - The Supersprout Memorial Shield - dont know what to suggest as to what you must do to win it, but I'm sure its got to be something fun but productive, to remember the great advice given and the fun nature of SS!
                    Blessings
                    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                      New category - The Supersprout Memorial Shield...
                      I think that is a fabulous idea, Mrs D, and it would be a fitting tribute.

Comment

• Wonderful idea Mrs D
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                          New category - The Supersprout Memorial Shield - dont know what to suggest as to what you must do to win it, but I'm sure its got to be something fun but productive, to remember the great advice given and the fun nature of SS!
                          Great idea Mrs D, maybe we could work out some way of charging an 'entry fee' with the proceeds going to Thorpe?

Mandy

Comment

• I think it's a great idea too Mrs D. I'm sure GYO will come up with something as soon as people have time to think.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

• So, any news on the Online Veg Show yet? Any categories, any ideas, any plans for GYO to do a feature on it, including piccies of the winners (or their veg) and any possible prizes? Might be something that would raise the profile of the Grapevine a bit, and be a bit of fun too!
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

• Lol, virtual prizes, I like it LJ!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X