Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I put in mixed courgettes - eg. 2 yellow & one green- or should they all be the same type?

Found it impossible to get a picture of a sunflower with the tape measure readable - do we have to show the height or shall we just trust each other not to lie?

Comment

Originally posted by armadillo View Post
      Can I put in mixed courgettes - eg. 2 yellow & one green- or should they all be the same type?

Found it impossible to get a picture of a sunflower with the tape measure readable - do we have to show the height or shall we just trust each other not to lie?
      All the same type please. I've amended the rules above to make it clear that this applies to all categories.

The whole thing pretty much rests on trust, so no worries if you can't get a picture of sunflower and tapemeasure together.
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
        I think probably in the 'other' category Shirley, then people wanting to enter both onions and shallots can do so.
        Fairy, are we only allowed one entry in the 'other' category? I would hate to enter my shallots and then find I have a superb something grow later on

Do I assume I need to display 3 shallots (as per the onions)?
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Shirley, you're allowed up to three entries in the 'other' category - but if there's a general feeling that people would like a higher number (or even a free for all!) just shout up and I'll change it

I think because it's such a general category, any amount of 'other' will be fine.

Comment

Wish I'd noticed the 'made with your produce' category before I ate the rhubarb crumble I made last night! Will a pic. of a quarter of the dish left over count? Glad the tomato category has been revised to 3 now, last year I barely got any due to blight, fingers crossed I might get 3 nice ones ripe all at the same time this year! Was going to say I'd like an aubergine class too I have a few flowers on mine & had a nice little fruit growing already but it's been slightly nibbled by something but I might get a decent aubergine if I'm lucky.
            Last edited by SueA; 29-07-2008, 10:23 AM.
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Just a thought, but isn't having one category for one brassica is a bit restrictive, given the huge array of brassica family members that most grapes will be growing - assorted cabbages, cauliflowers, turnips, swede, kohl rabi, broccoli etc?
              Rat

British by birth
              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                Just a thought, but isn't having one category for one brassica is a bit restrictive, given the huge array of brassica family members that most grapes will be growing - assorted cabbages, cauliflowers, turnips, swede, kohl rabi, broccoli etc?
                There were 3 different brassica categories last year, and they only had a total of 19 entries altogether, with the majority being in "Cabbage". I probably won't enter more than one - most of my brassicas will mature late winter/early spring.

Comment

Would folk like to see a 'roots' category then? (We have carrots already but 'roots' could accomodate turnips, swede, parsnips etc).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X