Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
    Thanks very much.

Some of the fruit looks to have not been pollinated successfully, the rest are hard to be sure about, but it seems to me that the ground under the tree also looks rather dry.

I'd advise running a hose at a slow rate at the base of the tree fro 30 mins or so once a week until we get some significant rain and also to apply a mulch of manure if possible. Getting a young tree to grow healthily is the main first thing and the trunk/graft on your's looks fine, so feeding and watering are the two min requirements.

As far as future crops grow I'm very hopeful that all will be well as long as there are other apples near you which can x-pollinate with your tree.
    Hi I have a bramley and Braeburn near by I’m trying to fit a irrigation system in as this last year I’ve had several operations to repair my knees after an accident so haven’t been able to water everything as I should Ive never used an irrigation system so keeping my fingers crossed I’ve got a timer which should help the tree is still very young and I have only allowed one apple per branch last year I waited until the high winds in June to blow most of them off
    May was a dry month but so far June has been very wet if you have any advice on irrigation it would be very helpful and would save me time what would you recommend feeding the apple trees I have used an organic feed but just in March at the end of the year I cover all my fruit and trees with rotted manure

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X