Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhubarb .. listening for a collective sigh..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    Where in Shropshire is all this rhubarb he asked while stirring a bowel of custard
    Have you not got any rhubarb in your garden BB? I could probably spare a crown next time you're passing...
    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
      Have you not got any rhubarb in your garden BB? I could probably spare a crown next time you're passing...
      building a half width bed next week for strawberries & rhubarb so may well take up that kind offer MBE
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Cressage! Awwww its only just poking its head out of the soil but it is very red and plump looking.
        Lynne x

Comment

A bit of both it is then! As soon as I get back there. If all goes well I should be doing the flit in about 3 weeks. A very long time to wait to get started in the garden. Still theres always the summer.... yipppeeee.
          Lynne x

Comment

Originally posted by wizzbang View Post
            Cressage!
            That is a lovely village there is a cottage a little past the pub on the other side of the road who's owner grows the most spectacular sunflowers,enjoy your new home Lynne,I am fairly close (Wellington) so shout if you need local info

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
              Tis a green & pleasant land which abuts Welsh Wales,wot is where you went to visit a canal not that many years ago
              I know matey but sshhh,don't let on

Comment

At least there are 2 boundaries to keep AP out of Wales - and long may it remain so

Comment

I could go off you you know

Comment

Yes!! My cunning plan is working!

Comment

Well between Scotland & Wales there is the omni-present buffer that forever shall be a ...... Bearded Bloke
                      Last edited by bearded bloke; 27-02-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Sometimes known as a Bugg@ Offa

Comment

What you mean ..... I is NOT .... Offa's Dyke ..... that is some other bloke with a beard

Comment

I'm reading a book called "Special Offa" by Bob Bibby. Its a slightly irreverent look at the communities and history of the Offa's Dyke path as he walks it from South to North. Quite entertaining for those of you who live nearby. He also samples the local ales and hostelries en route. I've only "walked" as far as Monmouth - the next chapter takes me to Hay on Wye.

Comment

will haver to see if they got that in the library VC

Comment

I bought mine from The Works but they don't have it now. Its this one Special Offa: Walking the Offa's Dyke Path: Amazon.co.uk: Bob Bibby: Books

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X