No announcement yet.

Alpine Strawberries?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys as promise after 1 month my alpine strawberry have germinated.... now i was wondering... this seedling are very small as a lot of have seen but when do you transplant them? this is a picture and if some one can help me and say if they look good or better not waste time ( to be honest i don't like to give up untill they die).... thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Don't transplant them until they get a lot bigger. Mine are about 3 times that size now and they're still in little clumps in very small pots where they were sown. I'll be thinning them out in the next week or so and then growing on for another month or two before planting out.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks Alison. When did you Seed them? Just to know how long my strawberrys will take to get your size. They are so small that I have the feeling that they wil be ready to transplant when frost comes

Comment

Can't remember exactly and my sowing diary is on a memory stick which isn't to hand but think I sowed them late Jan in an unheated propogator. They're currently on a cold window ledge but will go out to the greenhouse when potted on pretty soon.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I also bought seeds, put them in a normal propagator on a sunny windowsill. They germinated in a couple of weeks. Seedlings are tiny, though they are beginning to produce more leaves. All the information you have posted has been really helpful as this is my first time. Thanks a lot - looking forward to tasty alpine strawberries.

Vikicats
            Vikicats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.
            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I sowed some white soul seeds about 10 days ago and only got 1 seedling popping through at the mo.

Gunna give it another week to see how they come on but i can't see em being anywhere near ready this year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X