No announcement yet.

what strawberries are you growing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just weeded over my old strawb bed. It has done a good few years now - and I dug out a plant label - dimly made out Tago! So this is a later fruiting one, nice and big and juicy. I hope.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by tomsloc View Post
      shady -I bought 12 maras de bois last year and I must have about50 this year from runners - soyou should be alright !
      Tom
      ooooh excellent That does sound promising. They did send runners out early summer but I took em off thinking it was a bit early and they would send more come August. They didn't. I got them off ebay so wasn't 100% sure they were the real deal - until we tasted them. They urinated all over the allotment ones

Comment

shady if you like maras,try some gariguette (ken muir nursery) they are even better !!

Comment

We're growing donated ones from a very kind grape on here! they are coming away nicely too.. (thanks JJ)

Comment

Originally posted by tomsloc View Post
            shady if you like maras,try some gariguette (ken muir nursery) they are even better !!
            Thanks for the tip - I may just do that

Comment

I bought 12 maras and 12 gariguette last april - I had a reasonable crop last year but this year they`ve taken over the garden -- I shall need a market stall ( I would need a market stall If I didn`t have a little 3 year old grandaughter!!!)

Comment

Pegasus, Alpine, Honeyo, and two Lidl varieties that I keep forgetting the name of.

Comment

I have 25 Cambridge Vigour growing in 4 window boxes. Four of the maidens that I propagated from last year have come up blind for some reason although the plants look very healthy and strong. But the rest of the plants produced one or two trusses, either in flower or setting fruits now.
                  Last edited by bendipa; 26-05-2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I haven't a clue what they are, I was given 35 plants from the fella who has taken over the plot next to mine. We have about a dozen or so green strawbs, plenty of white flowers and all is looking dandy.

Comment

chesea pensioner

Has anyone tried chelsea pensioner -- what are they like

Comment

Honeoye, Elsanta and Symphony. All first year. The Honeyoe have taken off, producing large fruit and sending out runners. Elsanta and Symphony half the size and don't look as healthy as the Honeyoe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X