Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
    You can grow a couple up a post, but you get a better crop from a row
    Great attachments Nick! I think I'll put OH to work on a nice structure this weekend

Another question about raspberries. I’m transplanting my autumn rasps from the garden to the lottie. The patch where I am transplanting them to is infested with bindweed. It has taken me 4 weekends to clear all the roots manually and to stop it from coming back, I was wondering if raspberries like being planted like strawberries, through a membrane mulch. Or will that damage the suckers? Thanks everyone for such great advice!

Does anyone have any advice on this?
    Last edited by *Feather*; 20-02-2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Could anyone help me with the above question...? please...?
      Last edited by *Feather*; 20-02-2007, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Feather, we've planted our 'fedge' of 85 raspberry canes (mix of summer and autumn fruiting) through a membrane and bark chipping mulch, they're starting to bud up and new shoots are appearing, so I dont think its anything to be worried about, tho I'm sure some of the other more experienced grapes will be along with a reply shortly!

I asked a similar question last year, and got the replies here http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...erry+raspberry

Hope its of some help!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X