No announcement yet.

Cape Gooseberry/grapes/hens eggs!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piglet if yours are anything like mine were this year then you will have massess of fruit and the greenhouse is going to turn into a jungle!!! I only had 2 plants in my poly tunnel this year and they ended up about 7ft tall and about 4ft wide each

I'm regretting cutting mine back so early now we've had all of 4-5 frosts so far and none of them have been very heavy. I lost quite a lot of fruit that did not ripen well in the house. Oh well you live and learn . My plants last year died back loads (to the point i thought they were dead!) this year they have remained in leaf and look really healthy so fingers crossed for another bumper year.

Comment

Mmmm, may well put two into the second glass house then to give them more room. We will need a fair few though for the entertaining we get up to in a summer.

Comment

Hi Folks,

This thread from my attempts at growing them last summer is worth a read.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ape+gooseberry
        --
        http://gardenfan.blogspot.com

Comment

Kirsty B

The name of the grape wasn't mentioned but I found a pink grape called Suffolk Pink from Reads Nurserys. This is described as light pink through to red berries, firm and meaty texture. £12.50. I emailed them with a query regarding which vine to buy and got a message back recommending this one (plants@readsnursery.co.uk). It's going to be trailing along the top of my autumn raspberry canes.

They have a very large collection of vines (think they have the national collection)

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
            Kirsty B

The name of the grape wasn't mentioned but I found a pink grape called Suffolk Pink from Reads Nurserys. This is described as light pink through to red berries, firm and meaty texture. £12.50. I emailed them with a query regarding which vine to buy and got a message back recommending this one (plants@readsnursery.co.uk). It's going to be trailing along the top of my autumn raspberry canes.

They have a very large collection of vines (think they have the national collection)

Sue
            Sue, thank you. I've convinced the other half that knocking up a nice sturdy frame for some grapes to climb up is only a small job for a man of his calibre!!
            I also told him they would complement his newly built pond beautifully. Running out of ways to butter him up, but I know he won't let me play with his beloved tools, so the job will get done.
            Will look up that website tomorrow night and see if I can find some pics of that variety.

Kirsty
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X