Blueberries from seed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueberries from seed

i dont know how to garden but having had very good blueberries from pots thought i would buy some seeds and try growing them. Also bought cranberry seeds and two types of apple tree seeds. The instructions say I will need to stratify them so should see (or not) some results in about x years from now. Still as other correspondents have said. it will be an interesting project

Comment

how easy is it to do from seed do you pot the seed into ericaceous soil and keep moist and kept outside during summer and indoors in winter then 2-3 years down the line eat the berries is this what you have to do cos that seems too easy or is it alot more involved please advise thanks yes im a total amature

Comment

Im soaking my bb seeds in water for 24 hours before i start stratification tom only problem is there tiny i can hardly see them

Comment

I've not grown a blueberry, from seed or otherwise, but they're native to the northeast US and I believe they need winter chilling to set fruit. So I wouldn't think you would want to keep them indoors.
          March is the new winter.

Comment

I tried seeds three years in a row and gave up in abject failure..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X