Basket blackberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basket blackberries

Has anyone tried the basket version of brambles that I have seen advertised, and if so are they worth growing?
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Never heard of them!…had to gooogle it
    Heres a link to save peeps bothering…https://www.theenglishgarden.co.uk/p...black-cascade/

If I lived in a wetter, cooler climate, I’d certainly give that a go! I like that those are thornless too.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

They look good,I’d never heard of them before. As they can go in a hanging basket or container,they could be moved out of the direct sun when it gets to 40 degrees in the summer,so the compost doesn’t dry out so fast. I grow apache thornless variety,very easy to pick the fruits without worrying about being hurt by thorns,there’s a wild blackberry here too that comes up through my flowering currant,very thorny & I don’t wear gloves when I’m pruning,they go through them anyway I did wear them once,you need armour really

Comment

I think these might be bought for a present for one of my relatives. I'd never heard of them before.
        Last edited by greenishfing; 21-01-2023, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
          They look good,I’d never heard of them before. As they can go in a hanging basket or container,they could be moved out of the direct sun when it gets to 40 degrees in the summer,so the compost doesn’t dry out so fast.
          JJ I live in the West of Scotland, chances of hitting 20 degrees in the summer are quite remote😏
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X