My passion fruit - can I eat it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi SueA,

That's great that you finally got one with seeds! At least we all now know what they taste like and that they're not poisonous...!! I'll await your reply on that one will I?

I've got a couple more off my plant - they're strangely intriguing.... I can't work out if I like them or not! They taste lovely and sweet, but there's definitely a bit of an aftertaste that I'm not so sure of.

Still... it hasn't stopped me eating a couple of them!!

Comment

Noticed that I have got quite a few more fruits since I've come back off hols. but haven't eaten anymore yet Slug. Still both of us are still in the land of the living so they must be O.K. to eat!
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I bought some from the shop(fruit that is) and tried to get the seeds to germinate.Failed,and I've never seen edulis for sale anywhere,not even when abroad,not that I would have imported illegal seeds of course.

Comment

Try this link:
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PASSIFLORA-EDU...QQcmdZViewItem

In the USA they use the flowers of passion flower to make a tea its ment to have a calming affect and is very sort after ( fresh flowers) that is.

Comment

Passion flower sorbee

Hello
            i have exactly the same passion flower as you and a few years ago made a passion fruit sorbee with them, it had quite a lot of fruit liquer added to it and tasted quite nice (think that was probably all the alcohol) however three years later and i am still here so i definitely don't think they are poisonous. hope that helps

Comment

Hi Estelle, think it probably was the fruit liquer which made it so nice! Did you leave the little seeds in (they tasted a bit bitter to me) or did you somehow get the 'jelly' off them?
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

hi
                i left the seeds in. i think jamie oliver probably intended me to use the passion fruits you buy in the shops but if nothing else i know the ones in my garden are not poisionous.

Comment

Hi Estelle,

I hadn't thought about making a sorbet with them - mmmm... now there's an idea! I'm sure there plenty of things I could have done with mine this year if I'd put my mind to it!

Oh well... there's always next year

I've still some ripening on the plant but I don't know if the frost will get them before i can

Comment

eating your passion fruit

I have eaten my first Yellow passion fruit today that has grown in my garden... it tasted divine and I have no sines of any upset tummy !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X