No announcement yet.

Mulberry tree in pot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was something about this in the telegraph a few weeks ago - google it.

Comment

Old post but if anyone could give any update on their mulberry in the container would be very greatful.
      Would love to grow one but me knows they grow massive, container would be ideal for me.

Comment

It is still alive but hasn't fruited yet.

Comment

How vigorous is it being in a pot? Is it large or small size? And which variety have you got?

Comment

A few years ago I was living/working at a property with an extensive rear garden, which happened to feature a mature black mulberry tree, approx. 20' high. I'd never tried mulberries up to that point, but come late summer of my first year there, I tried some fruits straight off the tree, and found them to be delicious, sweet but slightly more tart and very juicy!

I was that property for three years, and planned to take some cuttings of the tree when I left, but stupidly left that task until the day I moved out, so it was done in a rush and unsurprisingly the cuttings didn't take.

One of my fondest memories of that time and place, was sitting in the boughs of the mulberry tree, on a late summer afternoon, picking and savouring the mulberries.

At some point I will get my own tree too.

Comment

Hi I have a mulberry in a pot which has flowered and is now fruiting copiously in may. I bought it last year in a sale at a garden centre and put it in a larger pot, about 15 inches across and watered it occasionally. It is about three feet high and the same across with many branches, I am wondering wether to plant it into the garden or keep it in the pot? Any thoughts about this anyone? Will it get massive planted in the soil? Thanks.

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread , I have just bought a mulberry tree reduced to a fiver, was going to try it in a pot but was wondering if I could fan train or espalier at the lottie as we have a height restriction on fruit trees at 3m
                don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X