Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goji Berry coming my way. Anyone grown one or used the fruit?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I discovered today that I have a goji berry on my new allotment.
    There was a mysterious shrub springing up near the compost bin, and for weeks I wondered what it was. Today, the previous owner was there and I asked her. Turns out it was a goji berry she had planted years ago. Apparently she had tried multiple times to dig it out, but evidently she hadn't quite managed to kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post
      I discovered today that I have a goji berry on my new allotment.
      There was a mysterious shrub springing up near the compost bin, and for weeks I wondered what it was. Today, the previous owner was there and I asked her. Turns out it was a goji berry she had planted years ago. Apparently she had tried multiple times to dig it out, but evidently she hadn't quite managed to kill it.
      Keep it Ameno

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
        Keep it Ameno

Hes got no choice

Comment

Originally posted by Urban View Post
          Hes got no choice
          Worst comes to worst, I could treat it with brushwood killer.

I do plan on keeping it for now at least, though. Need to clear it of weeds, though. And try to tie up all the trailing branches going everywhere.
          Apparently the leaves and young shoots are edible (they use them in China, apparently), so I could always grow it for stir-fries if it doesn't fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post
            Worst comes to worst, I could treat it with brushwood killer.

I do plan on keeping it for now at least, though. Need to clear it of weeds, though. And try to tie up all the trailing branches going everywhere.
            Apparently the leaves and young shoots are edible (they use them in China, apparently), so I could always grow it for stir-fries if it doesn't fruit.
            Great idea

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X