Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was yesterday but I sowed a half tray of early Cauliflowers, 6 Jimmy Nardello peppers, 8 (sweet) orange baby peppers ,6 Mohawk sweet peppers and 7 Cayenne peppers in one of my shiny new heated propagators
    Chris

My Allotment Journal @
    Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
    -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Today I dragged myself out of my sick bed, staggered into the back garden, kicked the old earth and odd overwintering snail out of a couple of module trays, filled 'em up with compost which has been sitting around getting wet in a bag in the garden AND...

planted the onion sets and garlic which have been lingering since October in my conservatory (drum roll please).

I know it's probably not the most auspicious start for them but I knew if I didn't get them in now they'd be all shrivelled and useless in the house.

Comment

I know this is a what I have done thread but I sometimes find it useful as an incentive to go and do something if I post my intentions first. So I am off down the greenhouse to pot on all the garlic and broad beans as they are growing roots out the bottom of their pots.
        I think there is about 10X15 trays.

Ian

Comment

- put the germinated Rouge de Florence onions into the cold greenhouse
          - biked 6 bags of kitchen peelings & pet bedding to the lotty daleks
          - collected another 2 sacks of autumn leaves from the bike lane
          - inspected the leaks inside the shed. Put off fixing until May (it's too cold)
          - squished 100s of greenfly that have hatched indoors
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 14-01-2011, 05:13 PM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sowed somemore Kelsae onion seeds, and still waiting for onion sets to arrive in gardencentres!!! + sorting out what to sow next, decisions, desisions!!!

paul.
            Help Wildlife.
            Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Bought some seed! Sowing cauli, cabbage, hab peppers and kale tomorrow.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I too bought some seeds today and will be sowing some tomatoes (minibel) and some bell peppers ( willkos sweet colour rainbow mixed peppers) also picked up some snowball turnip seeds to try, says sow in march.
                Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                Google+ and Youtube

-

Comment

Ooh first time in what seems like ages i can post on here! Lovely sunny day here today but really bitter wind, anyway i wrapped up & ventured into the garden. 12 bags of dog poop later (too much info?!) i raked the weeds from around the base of the 3 apple trees & 1 pear tree to expose the bare earth, then mulched each tree with 2 trugs of bark chippings from the excess on the veg beds paths. Then i emptied out all of my dead & dying pots around the house & had a good cutting back session of the dead plants in the flower bed below the decking. Also noticed the the Snowdrops are starting to poke their heads through the ground. Not a bad start in all, plenty left to do.
                  Jane,
                  keen but (slightly less) clueless
                  http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                    sorted out my seed tin, deciding what to sow this year.
                    I decided to get all organised, and to list my seeds in a spreadsheet with first, second (and some third) planned sowing dates

Oops - I have 213 different varieties (and more packs, some duplicates) in packets! Think I might have to prioritise more (though surely 25 different tomatoes is not really excessive, one plant of each???)

Salilah

Comment

Originally posted by salilah View Post
                      (though surely 25 different tomatoes is not really excessive, one plant of each???)

Salilah
                      But you need 2 of each at least, in case one doesn't thrive

I actually got out into the garden today in lovely but chilly sunshine, cut down the old autumn raspberry canes, new shoot already poking through and trimmed the strawberries and potted up some of the runners for the spring plant sale. Had great fun tracing the runner back to the parent plants so I could sell the plants as named varieties.
                      Then I sat writing the labels and looking at the lovely tidy beds, sipping a lovely hot cuppa bought out by Mum.
                      It feels great to be back in the garden after so long kept in by snow and rain.

Comment

Sowed some leeks,broad beans and cauliflower, done some weeding on my allotment (which is in my back garden) seeing as the ground ws lovely and soft, and.......extended my allotment by about 3-4ft, just got to dig up the sods tomorrow. Im soo gald to be able to get out and do stuff again ive had itchy fingers for months!!
                        Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

This morning I went down the lottie to show the committee my plan for the new plot, the chairman said it was fine and to ahead

When I got home I did a bit of plumbing and we now have a new outdoor tap on the side of the outhouse, that's two outside taps now but at either side of the house.

After dinner I sowed some broad beans in loo rolls and more tomatoes & peppers in the heated propagator
                          Attached Files
                          Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                          Google+ and Youtube

-

Comment

repotted the tomato seedlings from the HP to pots on the windowsill

made the dinner mince and tatties

and made bread in the breadmaker santa brought me
                            May the road rise to meet you,
                            May the wind be always at your back,
                            May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                            The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
                            Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

I sowed some broad beans and some trailing lobelia from saved seed

Comment

Yesterday I picked up 5 pieces of glass 8 foot by 2 foot and 5 pieces 2 foot square kindly donated from a grapes niece.
                                Made a start on taking the rotten wooden spars down from the greenhouse roof.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X