Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvested winter lettuce. First time I have attempted to grow any veg over the winter (being a veg growing novice) and the first time i have managed to move in over a week since putting my back out.
    Feeling very pleased all round today.

Comment

• I planted a gooseberry and blackcurrant bush bought from the pound shop for.... you guessed it a pound each. They actually look very good. Planted up some early pots in a tub.
      Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• took a delivery of manure for another plotholder.

changed the soil in one of my polytunnel borders and covered one outside bed

Comment

• Originally posted by pixley View Post
          Harvested winter lettuce. First time I have attempted to grow any veg over the winter (being a veg growing novice) and the first time i have managed to move in over a week since putting my back out.
          Feeling very pleased all round today.
          Well done Pixley - our own lettuce tastes lovely doesn't it, and especially in the winter. Hope your back stays better now so you can get on with the growing.

Needless to say I have done nothing today due to the lashing rain. The bad weather can't continue, can it?
          Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

• Hi all,

put the last of the raised beds in place today, all treated, lines and leveled. More filling from grass etc than I expected and when I dig in some manure and the path soil I shouldn't be too far off full

I have taken folks advice and am putting the raspberries next to fence and not in a bed, the space should hold 9 canes fine.

Graham

ps, Peanut was out helping again, every spadefull moved was redug and sniffed
            Attached Files

Comment

• It is great when someone takes vine advice, Graham! Specially to such good effect. And just look at the state of Peanut's paws - I hope she wiped them before going in the house!
              Last edited by Jeanied; 02-02-2010, 08:00 PM. Reason: Changing the gender for Peanut!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• She made a dash through the patio doors and I literally dived to stop her running those lovely paws on the cream rugs, the paw prints stopped 2" from them sent her outside with a flea in her ear and she came in the route I had planned for her and then straight into the bath.

Now clean and asleep

Graham

Comment

• ordered weed suppressing membrane and gravel; repotted the broad beans the cat knocked over (gggrrrr) and did my homework for my horticulture course...

Comment

• Yesterday, painted wood of chicken hut and run....let the girls out to scratch on the lawn just before dusk, so I could get the outside of their hut done without painting them!
                    Nearly successful, but Debbie (the previously white chicken)now has a 4 inch brown stripe on her front!

Today I moved some strawberries into the plastic blow-away greenhouse to hopefully get some early fruit, repaired the plastic cover for my raised bed and put the patio apricot under cover. Tonight I've sorted my seed packets and cut up some plastic margarine cartons to make seed labels.

Reading this, I now know why I'm tired!
                    Off to reward myself with a night cap I think.

Comment

• Today I have pricked out geranium seedlings, sown tomatoes, brussels, a few cauliflowers, cucumbers, a few melons, a few cucumbers and some winter density lettuce.
                      Checked the other seedlings and transferred another bag of compost to the greenhouse to warm it up ready for the next lot of seeds.

Comment

• Today, I murdered a cat.

Not really, but I would just like to, given that it's making a habit of using my wee patch for its habits.
                        http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Digging and more digging...my back is done in..!..also prepared two raised beds.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Wow they look very smart, hope the back recovers
                            Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• Originally posted by stella View Post
                              Wow they look very smart, hope the back recovers
                              Cheers Stella..!..

Comment

• today was a day off , no gardening due to bad weather but it was not all bad news.
                                Went down town and found a copy of bob flowerdews - organic bible in a charity shop for 50p then came home to be greeted by my neighbour with a brace of phesants , so finished well in the end.
                                Last edited by carlseawolf; 05-02-2010, 08:00 PM.
                                ---) CARL (----
                                ILFRACOMBE
                                NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X