Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowed some more beetroot and carrots in raised bed and also sowed a tub of carrots. Weeded the parsnip bed now that I know which are parsnips .

Reet
    x

Comment

• Weeded raised bed inbetween carrots, onions and parsnips. Planted out some chitted parsnip seed. Watered everything in. Planted out sunflower Harlequin and Russian Giant.
      Opened ghs to let some air circulate. Potted up some more sunflowers. Deadheaded tulips.
      AKA Angie

Comment

• Planted yet some more leeks and garlic that was 9 inches tall.

Finished the shed, including felting the roof. Change of plan though...........the chicks aint getting it as its nice to have a shed to myself!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• We're on holiday this week, so have been at the plot all week so far!

We're now at 2/3rds cleared n planted on the 2 plots, with 20 toms planted out in the 2 greenhouses today, 20 lettuces planted in the salad bed, 20 cabbages in the first of the brassica beds, 3 runs of peas plus 6 double rows of beans planted in the beanery, amd we've plans to plant the maincrop spuds and the first 2 courgettes tomorrow (under poly cloche of course), plus do the weekly beehive inspections (possibly split one or two hives tomorrow) and then hopefully weed n rebark the paths up!

We've already got 300 onions plus 120 garlic plants growing away nicely in the plot, plus the 3 beds of spuds just poking thru the soil, and the rhubarb is being harvested n eaten 3 or 4 times a week!

Things are coming along nicely!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• sown some peas, hope its not to late...

Comment

• Weeded the allium bed by hand, watered all containers. Noticed the broadies and kelvedon wonder peas are hinting at flowers. Hurray! Must plant some more this weekend.
              Last edited by COMPOST CORNER; 05-05-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Planted 1 side of my greenhouse today.
                Toms :-1 sungold, 1 legend . 1 lovely plum tom self saved from the greengrocers???, 1 cherrola which is just at the front of the picture & is very sprawly bot they are all the same.
                1 patio pepper & 1 aubergine.
                The other side is still full up with seedlings.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by trish60 View Post
                  Planted 1 side of my greenhouse today.
                  Toms :-1 sungold, 1 legend . 1 lovely plum tom self saved from the greengrocers???, 1 cherrola which is just at the front of the picture & is very sprawly bot they are all the same.
                  1 patio pepper & 1 aubergine.
                  The other side is still full up with seedlings.
                  Forgot to say that I also have an 8 ball courgette in the greenhouse but was worried about the nighttime temp so brought it in for the time being.

Comment

• decided that my runner beans should have shown some sign of life after 4 weeks and yet there was nothing so I poked around in the compost and found lots of swollen, blue and squishy beans.....yuck!
                    So luckily I had bought some back up ones in case my own stock from last years crop didn't work and have re planted the whole pack and they are now in the greenhouse.
                    Lesson learnt, don't use last years crop for the following years planting.
                    That's another note for my newbie gardeners diary
                    Last edited by NewbieGardenerRow; 06-05-2010, 07:08 AM.
                    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Comment

• Originally posted by NewbieGardenerRow View Post
                      decided that my runner beans should have shown some sign of life after 4 weeks and yet there was nothing so I poked around in the compost and found lots of swollen, blue and squishy beans.....yuck!
                      So luckily I had bought some back up ones in case my own stock from last years crop didn't work and have re planted the whole pack and they are now in the greenhouse.
                      I think the problem was cold and wet and planting too soon. I always use last year's crop!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Sowed yellow and purple dwarf french, yellow climbing and runner beans, bicolour double standard sweetcorn, wautoma, long ridge and cetriolo cucumber, minnesota midget melon.

Potted on 24 jalapeno chilli, 20 prairie fire chilli, a few odd tomatoes, re-jigged the seedlings on the shelves.
                        Fought with the ants in the compost, little gits, and went to the polytunnel to water everything and take most of the chillis up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewbieGardenerRow View Post
                          decided that my runner beans should have shown some sign of life after 4 weeks and yet there was nothing so I poked around in the compost and found lots of swollen, blue and squishy beans.....yuck!
                          Hi all, I'm Newbie to the forum.

I been growing runners for years and found the best way to start them off is in little erin pots placed on top of the gas heating boiler, obviously you have to keep them moist but mine usually are up and on their way in a week, as an aside I use mainly Red Rum variety which tend not to have as much foliage as others...makes the beans just that bit easier to find I recon.

Comment

• Sowed more climbing beans yesterday - Ruth Bible, Lazy Housewife (it's a fair cop!) Major Cook's Bean and the new self pollinating runner, Moonlight.
                            Last edited by Flummery; 07-05-2010, 09:16 AM.
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Last night, I sowed;

10 White Apache Runners
                              8 Strawberry popcorn
                              10 Sweetcorn
                              10 Sweetcorn Bi-colour
                              5-6 Chilli - Twilight
                              5-6 other chillies (given away with GYO mag a while ago)
                              15-20 Spinach Chard
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

• Today I weeded two veg beds and composted the remains of my kale at the lottie. Also dug up remaining leeks, gave a few away to a neighbour, will use some to make Anglesey Eggs (from Hairy Bikers the other night) and freeze the rest for use instead of onions as I've run out of those.
                                Also potted up all my tomato plants as they were getting a bit big for their little 3" pots in the GH.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X