Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowed a few broadies into loo rolls and some sweet peas which will hopfully become pressies in the summer( courtesy of a grape).

Comment

• I finished moving some errant raspberry canes back to where they belonged. Brought some more compost troughs in to warm up and sow tomorrow. Moved the heated propagator, with the celeriac and parsnips seed germination test out to the cold greenhouse. Scrubbed a bit of very slipery nothfacing patio which was covered in green algae after I slipped on it
      Tomorrow hope to plant shallots in the garden and put another gripple wire up for the cherry tree and blackberry, they need another layer of height.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• went down the lottie with a spring in my step and a borrowed rotavator "it runs ok"
        got rotavator started and it ran ok until you put it in drive,after 20 or so attempts and a severe beating with a stick accompanied by a very long and improbable string of expletives.picked up spade and single dug 3 more raised beds ,then put out 1/2 my onion sets as they are starting to shoot also the jerusalem artichokes I put back in the fridge after snow stopped play.checked out the 2 cubic yards of manure I was given on saturday it's heating up fine in its double thickness cardboard jacket .wrestled rotavator back into car went for some retail therapy in b & q (yes more seeds)dropped rotavator back to owner "nah it ran ok when I put it in the shed 5 years ago"
        now drinking beer.
        Last edited by snakeshack; 19-02-2009, 10:49 PM.
        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

• you defo need at least one beer after that snakeshack (why do I want to call you snackshake instead lol)

Comment

• As an experiment I sowed 3 types of carrots in deep buckets in the greenhouse. One bucket each of Early Nantes 5, Creme de Lite & Purple Haze.

Also sowed half a dozen Tabascos in a propagator.

OK, I admit it, the phrase "as an experiment" is a euphamism for "the sun is shining & I'm itching to get something going"
            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

• 50 odd heaps of compost each one a barrow full spread this morning and rotavated in with winter project rotavater now well and truly cream crackered now think about sowing some seeds....jacob
              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

• Whitecurrant bushes pruned and some rooted offcuts repotted/planted out of the way
                Blueberry bush given a bit of TLC
                Some weeding
                Checked out the greenhouse and had a bit of a tidy up
                Enjoyed the sunshine and had a good dose of much needed fresh air
                Noob Gardening Blog http://bintgarden.blogspot.com updated 15th January

Comment

• Bit my nails till I could come back onto this website
                  Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                    Bit my nails till I could come back onto this website
                    *lol*

I distracted myself by hauling Mr E off to the recycling depot for some free compost - it was still warm, which was kind of weird! - then after lunch we went to the lottie and sorted out the bed where the broad beans and runner will go this year. Never tried making a bean trench before, but I saw it done on Carol Klein's series and thought it was worth a go.

We also dropped some rubbish off at the tip, and I scored an old water butt from a bloke with a trailer full of stuff - it has a split in the bottom, but should be fine for growing veggies in (I'm thinking maybe potatoes)

So, pretty productive day all round!

Comment

• Sowed my tomatoes, Petunias, and Agerastum today and put them in the propogator.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Planted out my £1 raspberry fruit bush, planned where i was going to put my raised beds in my back garden and filed the first one with compost and covered it with fleece, planted out some spring bulbs in the front garden, and checked on my clemetis, took some advice off a fellow grape and planted it out now, ive put it against a wall and at the base of a rose bush and yay, its already started to wrap itself around the bush!!
                        Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Filled new raised bed with compost, straw and cardboard. Sorted out compost bins, yuk. Planted roses. Parsnip seeds on kitchen roll
                          Last edited by FionaH; 21-02-2009, 08:20 PM.
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• I couldn't resist the temptation to look in Aldi for a plum tree! I deliberately went in without a trolley and came out with just a Victoria Plum and a set of 3 propogators. So I moved my toilet rolls that were precariously balanced in trays into said propogators and enjoyed the sunshine with a left over mince pie!

I sowed carrots - Early Nantes 2, in a trough in the greenhouse in mid Jan - should I be able to see anything yet?

Comment

• After wrestling with soil pipes for new wc's, it was into the heated greenhouse. I pricked out a wedge of orange bell peppers, a few more shirley tomatoes and kicked all of the onion seedlings outside to make more room.

A few chrysanthemum cuttings were taken and some dwarf french beans planted.

Comment

• Finished filling the first of three raised beds, and planted six raspberry canes in it.
                                Dug over the patch allocated for 20 of my 25 assorted potato tubers, and added compost and bone meal - will plant those tubers tomorrow.
                                Planted the other 5 tubers in my greenhouse border (Jersey Royals) as an experiment. As they were an unexpected gift from a work colleague, I've got nothing to lose!
                                Dug in the autumn sown green manure in my "big" veg patch.
                                Turned over the compost in the dalek and added more garotta - very pleased with the heat coming off it as I wasn't sure if it was "working".
                                Filled all the bird feeders and sat in the sun for a while just contemplating.
                                All in all, had a lovely time!
                                Last edited by Oleander; 21-02-2009, 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling!
                                Never say never!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X