X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... pulled up last of the carrots
    ... picked last of the sweet peppers and disposed of plants
    ... planted out peas for spring crop (hopefully)
    ... good old tidy-up of the greenhouse and garden.
    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Was at my farmers Market today - the weather was cold but fine and lots of people about. Sold out of carrots, swede, leeks, Kerrs Pink potatoes, savoy cabbages, Tundra cabbages. Alaso sold pretty much of everything else I had - parsnips, King Edward and Maris Piper potatoes, milan turnips, red and green kale - even sold about 10kg of Jerusalem Artichokes !!
      But my biggest success - my chutneys, herb jellies and pickles - over 100 jars in 5 hours - well chuffed - trouble is I need to spend another week making more now !
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I have just sown a pile of kale, cabbage, spinach to be used as micro-greens assuming they all come through, they are in my heated greenhouse so hopefully they will.

Also planted salad leaves
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

• cleaned the lounge/frontroom/parlour whatever you call it.

got the decs out of the loft, assembled the tree, gave up cos i am really not in the mood.

xmas decs all over the damnned floor, due to inquisitive cats.........why bother putting them up? I think i shall just leave them where they are, its where they are going to end up every morning anyway!
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

• Finally got to lotty to pull down the last French beans, expecting they would be rotten on the canes ~ managed to shell a bowl full of dried beans off them, lovely surprise.
            ----------
            Brought home a bucket full of spuds, another of onions from shed, and a few more pumpkins & butternuts. Half had rotted, but we still have enough to make lots of pumpkin risotto.
            ---------
            Admired the flowers: cerinthe, primrose and cyclamen. Brought my pelargoniums (geraniums) indoors because they are rotting in the plastic greenhouse.
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• The 2 men have finally finished renovating my veg plot & digging my new flower bed - hurrah! Bless them, they worked all last week, yesterday & today in the hard frost & snow to strip away all the turf around my previous veg patch, extend & raise the beds, make 2 more beds, make paths & cover with bark chippings, fill the 4 new veg beds with manure & new top soil and dig a new flower bed. I am so excited its ridiculous! Roll on spring
              Jane,
              keen but (slightly less) clueless
              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• I brought home 2 celeriacs a bag full of sarpo axona spuds and a couple of leeks. That should keep me going for a day or two.
                "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

• Dug up a few tatties to see what was there, very pleased to find bright pink new tatties, so we can have a Christmas day tattie dig-up. Have been re-potting rasps and boysenberries and peppers. Am contemplating digging up my pumpkins and squash and replanting them at the new place.....

Comment

• went down to plot under umbrella, gave it a few coats of looking at, then came home
                    Work like you don't need the money...
                    Love like you,ve never been hurt...
                    and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

• Went car booting yetserday in my glad rags! Finished up back at allotment to sort out chooks mainly. Didn't want to get mucky so didn't clean them out as I usually do on a Saturday.

Just gee-ing myself up now...........putting my old togs on then going to lottie to knock nine bells out of it!

Got chooks to clean out...........clean out run as well.........build a cold frame and salad bar.............replace glasing in greenhouse........sow some broadies.........put chicken sh*t around brassicas to give em a boost.........light woodburner (after chopping wood) to thaw out greenhouse......................but before all this, just remembered............I've got to take the dog out for a walk!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Planted some onions and a few garlic in containers.
                        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• Finished decorating a Christmas Cake for my very favourite Couple. It's got Penguins all over it! and looks great (in Trousers's opinion!), and boxed up some homemade chocolates as gifts. Then we cut loads of evergreen Christmassy Foliage from our garden to decorate the cottage. Only the Cotoneaster has red berries left on it.... and they're MINE!!!

Comment

• Been up the lottie and picked my first sprouts and dug up some of my horseradish (it was heading for China!! Norty pigeons have been having a party with my sprout tops, swede leaves and Pak Choi (must remember to net them next year).

Comment

• planted some onion seed into pots
                              ---) CARL (----
                              ILFRACOMBE
                              NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

• It was mild, sunny and no wind ... it felt like a spring day, albeit only 11C. I got a whole 2 hrs on the lotty: planted out some broadies (there's a self-sown one up there, knee high already).
                                Picked: sprouts (perfect: variety u/k; kale, Rodima red cabbage (superb), a brilliant huge Romanesco that I'd forgotten about, carrots, celeriac, parsnips, beetroot, lettuce.

Tidied up the brassica beds - lots of yellow leaves, a few whitefly and aphid still about. Squished and squashed.
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X