Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi just read the last message, what does it mean 'upended potato pots grown from peelings' sounds interesting
    Stella
    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• Today I painted a small bit of fence that Mr D forgot to do when he painted the shed on plot 1, then I moved and replanted 55 self seeded foxgloves, planting some in a bed at the front of plot 1 and the rest in the border at the edge of the allotment site (next to the trees).

Whilst I was doing that Mr D continued to clear the back of plot 2, behind the rhubarb, ready for putting down pavers ready to put the 4 beehives he's collecting tomorrow up there!

Took a few piccies that are going to be posted to the blog later on! A good if cold and damp day!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• At 3am I drove 3 lads from work to Birmingham airport as they are working in Norway till Christmas eve. I got out of that one and also a 10 week trip to Germany thankfully.

Made lots of jars of pickled onions for Christmas presents, picked a big bowl full of tomatoes from the tunel. I stopped watering at the begining of October and the green tomatoes are ripening nicely on the (rather withered) vine which is great.

On the way home picked up a hand luggage sized bag as we are off to Florence for a long weekend.

Comment

• Picked leaves off the bolting russ kale and swiss chard for stirfry,and a few peas. Bought two types of tamarillo plants a grape seedling and a passion fruit seedling all totally inappropriate for the climate here so I have buckets to plant them into to make for easy winter rescuing. Planted another cherry plum cutting.

Comment

• Potted up my Hippeastrum/Amaryllis (Lidl £2.49)
            and
            my "free" white anemones (T&M) - posted two to RustyLady in exchange for something else
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 30-11-2008, 01:46 PM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Took some pix of the maribou stork and vultures which I currently share my living quarters with.
              Very hot here today, and dry. Not moaning mind!!
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

• Had a wonderful day ... read all about it here ... Johnty Greentoes' Plotblog
                The law will hang the man or woman
                Who steals the goose from off the common
                But lets the greater thief go loose
                Who steals the common from the goose
                http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Just threaded my last chillis together

I
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cupcake; 29-11-2008, 10:32 PM.
                  Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

• Went to a large sale of bare root "fruit" trees not too far from us. There were lots of people there - even a coach from Spain! Bought a chestnut tree (1 year grafted). The sale was being held on a heritage fruit site, and they had hundreds of different apples, pears, chestnuts, hazelnuts, grapes etc. on display. There was even a counter where you could leave a fruit of unknown variety with your details and they would try to identify for it for you. It would have been a good morning out if only the weather had been better - biting cold (2 C) with rain! But I'll be back there next year to get some more fruit trees.
                    Last edited by Rodley; 29-11-2008, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• I shuffled my seeds, (thanks to Kernowyon for the new ones)
                      Ventilated the greenhouse, which is getting a bit sweaty even though it's really cold
                      Gave my amaryllis a talking to, cos it's not sprouting yet
                      Fed the blackbirds a few handfuls of raisins ... they're coming to the back door when they hear me get up now
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Yesterday I had grandson for the day. Did a trip to Asda, potted up some Japanese anemones that TwoSheds kindly sent me, went to the lottie and picked chard. Too wet to do anything else.

Comment

• Did nothing too strenous, gathered a few more lime seeds, tried to organise my workers into some form of recognisable force but failed miserably.
                          Received a nice email which cheered me up.
                          Bob Leponge
                          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

• I drove through Florence.......and survived.

Comment

• Finished my latest curvy plot and put in tree chipping mulch path.

See my blog below.
                              The law will hang the man or woman
                              Who steals the goose from off the common
                              But lets the greater thief go loose
                              Who steals the common from the goose
                              http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Been horribly wet and dark today, so just pootled about. Swept up more leaves for leafmould and put into redundant compost bags. Put fuchsias into the greenhouse for the winter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X