Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poured six cube of concrete in heavy sleet first thing this morning. Got too cold and wet. Came home and did accounts - never mind tomorrow's another day.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Went and bought 4 big bags of compost ready for a sowing session tomorrow. Every day this week the forecast has been horrid so I've been running errands, and every day its been lovely so I could have done the lottie after all *sigh*

Lottie day tomorrow, going to throw in my desirees as they got moved (intheir box) into a sunny spot by the builders and have put out inch long white shoots. Will plant them and give them a serious hay mulch to protect them. Fingers crossed that should work.
      Kris

I child-proofed my house, but they still manage to get in.

Muddy Musings - a blog

Comment

• Thats a bugger Rat! I wondered why the onion sets in the shops didn't seem very good quality this year.Have managed to get small bag of Sturon now but cost a fortune in petrol trying to get them.

Comment

• A lovely day today for going to the Hill
          • I planted the onion sets that I bought in Wilko, like the first day they came onto the shelves. WHy do they sell them in such large quantities? I've sown a 10' by 4' bed with them and that was squashing them a bit close together.
          • I also sowed a 4' rows of radish, lettuce and carrots.
          • I made two more paths out of plastic sheeting, encouraged that the 2 I put in last week have come to no harm.
          • I pulled 3 stalks of rhubarb (about 10" long each) for my mum, and took some bags of FYM to her house and dug them into her 10' by 5' veg bed.

Batch cooking this evening (somthing do do with gammon, and a chicken curry, from memory) after updating the blog.

Hope everyone had a really good day at their respective plots!

(With apologies to SR and lyndap for the onion comments - I know you've had troubles... )

Comment

• Sunny, warm, lovely, great gardening day - but what was I doing sorting out the computer ! Had a virus on it / in it which ever, took 3 hrs to sort out ! by which time enrgy was gone, umpph had left and chilling seemed a good idea.
            But now i feel bad that I didnt make the effort. still it will have a few more days to dry out as I cant get down now until Tuesday.
            Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
            -- Alfred E. Neumann
            http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

• Spent the day in bed trying to let the antibiotics the doctor gave me do their thing in preparation for trying to get the peas planted tomorrow that I didnt get done last week because the weather was so awful
              Last edited by Kimbo; 10-03-2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• You can never have enough onions Hazel!

In the greenhouse today, early and mid season nobs pricked out along with derby day cabbage and leeks, far too many leeks.

Achillea seedlings were also pricked out and other hardy and half ahrdy flowers were sown in 4" pots.

The weather is supposedly good tommorow so the good lady and I are off to the plots to plant some bluebells, artichokes and possibly do some digging ground permitting. The frying pan is going with us as its snorkers and onions for elevenses.

Comment

• Done too much today at lottie, knackered!!!!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Chopped the apple tree back further and removed a conifer from behind it (probably the reason the poor apple was leaning across the garden). Cut down miles of brambles from the hedge. Not sure right now if me or the garden is winning.

Snadger - feeling the same way as you
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

• Had a day out - pub lunch - but returned via garden centre with bottle of ***** Fluid to spruce up the greenhouse and some bags of seed compost - 4 varieties of toms to sow tomorrow - sungold, tropical ruby, berry and green zebra. The latter isn't F1 so I save my seeds. Love 'em!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Working today, so no gardening, but I am going to plant some more seeds for the propogator in a few mins, need to feel as though I've done something constructive today after a reall **** day at work! 2 staff on hols, 2 rung in sick meant I was the only keyholder out of a total of 6 of staff for the whole branch! I was the only supervisor, the only peron who knew how to do babyseat fitting, the only person who could authorise refunds or price changes, the only person who could access the security cabinets or the safe, the only person who could do cycle repairs plus the computers went down for 5 hours this morning, plus we had 2 audio fittings, and no fitter as he'd rung in sick! No wage money available to bring in any extra staff, and those I did try to get in extra were all busy, plus some bod at head office has decided we all need to spend 180 hours sorting our warehouses out, labelling them up with labels to say what goes on each shelf, ok, it will look good, but I dont think it works when your storeroom is the size of a postage stamp! Spent all day running round with my b** on fire, totally k******** and fed up now! Methinks a nice large brandy is deffo indicated!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Oh dear Mrs D - sounds like a heck of a day! Enjoy your brandy!

I forgot to also say that I planted two pots with charlotte potatoes. Either they will work or they won't and since the only other place they were going was the bin then nothing lost!
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

• i too had a horrible day today aswell mrs d,at work all day till 9 pm .came home told everyone that iam shatterd and stressed to death ,and you think they took any notice of that!!hopefully i can get to lottie if wethear permits.g
                            goddess

Comment

• Hi all
                              Today (or rather yesterday) I managed to get the frame up of my greenhouse. My youngest stepson helped put in the redecurrant bushes I bought at Aldi the other week. At work at the mo and its finally quietened down! (now I've said that its probabaly going to go mad) Thats the good thing about busy shifts on emergency wards... they do go quickly.
                              I knock off at 7.30 so it will be a short kip them up and washing the glass for my beloved greenhouse before carefully transporting it down the lottie for installation.
                              haven't thought about what I'm planning much beyond that but its most likely to be washing and ironing of uniforms for the week ahead!

Kirsty
                              Kirsty b xx

Comment

• We had a good day yesterday. Fininshed digging one bed and dug most of the next. Ok, so I might have mostly left 'im to do all that while I got on with the fun stuff like planting out the broad beans and sowing carrots and onions. I also popped in some garlic I had given to us at christmas, hope it wasn't too late to stick it in the ground. I'd also been having a B**** of a time at work. Doesn't a day down the allotment just sort you out? I felt SOOO much better after a day of sowing and digging.
                                http://madforsprouts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X