X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few pics at the end of the season is going to be interesting

Comment

• Amanda don't give up on them yet. could be anywhere up to 19 days as I understand it.

Potty
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I've found that Onion seeds go out of date quickly After a few failed sowing last year I've chucked all my old onion seeds.

Comment

• When Mel Ednie grew a 15.5lb onion to break the world record a few years back, the seed came from an old packet he found in an old jacket he hadn't worn for a couple of years. Nowt to lose from trying old seed. The germination rate may be much less but a few plants are better than nowt.

Comment

• Actually found my packet of banana shallot seeds at last so planted 5 in each cell (15 cells in total),here's hoping
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• I did much the same BB - found and sowed some banana shallots yesterday. Must be the time of year when they come out of hiding

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I did much the same BB - found and sowed some banana shallots yesterday. Must be the time of year when they come out of hiding
                I'd sow some if I could get the bladdy packet open..............

Attached Files
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• You do realise that they're not Bananas, I hope
                  If you'd like to grow Bananas, Headbrewer has just donated some seeds to the VSP Now's your chance to grow your own food
                  Some Pink Banana Squash too!!
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 15-01-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• I sowed some banana shallot seeds a couple of weeks ago and stuck them in the frost free greenhouse, have been covering up with bubble wrap at night as it's getting close to 0 in there but no sign of anything yet... might have to get another pack in case I was a bit too eager to treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen!

Maybe some sown inside until they germinate might be a back up plan!
                    http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

• Don't let AP catch you trying to hijack his thread............

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• As if I would...........Do you eat a lot of bananas?

Comment

• snot my thread, tis Potty's

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                            snot my thread, tis Potty's
                            T'was before it was handed over.................

Comment

• Well, if you lot can't decide whose thread this is, I may as well hijack it.........

Comment

• Oi you lot bu**er of wiv you shallot type thingies this thread is a treatise on growing onions from seed.

Should really be in archive growing techniques. In fact when it's finnished we ought to ask the mods to clean it up and post it there.

Potty
                                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X