• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flummery
    replied
    Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Hi

What a wonderful thread - I missed this one whilst I was away.

Flummery - I am still planning on saving you some of mine; if you have enough just let me know. After this I'm going to keep the rest and try this method myself with the rest anyway.
    I think I'm ok now ZAZ - use them yourself. I appreciate the offer though.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
    Well done and a good result, but I think I will stick with the traditional method and use tubers.

Ian
    Let loose your spirit of adventure man! I'll still be growing from tubers but I'll try a few seeds for the hell of it!

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Hi

What a wonderful thread - I missed this one whilst I was away.

Flummery - I am still planning on saving you some of mine; if you have enough just let me know. After this I'm going to keep the rest and try this method myself with the rest anyway.

Leave a comment:

• gojiberry
    replied
    Well done and a good result, but I think I will stick with the traditional method and use tubers.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    We're going to need a whole thread of our own this time next year!

Leave a comment:

• Skotch
    replied
    You can count me in on the experiement too - I have a 'volunteer' Picasso plant which somehow evaded digging up last year - one nice big seed pod which is now ripening on the window ledge at home.

Skotch

Leave a comment:

• Flummery
    replied
    I've carefully searched all my spuds this year for fruits - not a thing. Some kind grapes have sent me some. Then, I found a 'volunteer' spud hiding amongst the parsnips. It has seeds on!

There'll be lots of us at it next year, won't there?
    Last edited by Flummery; 05-08-2008, 03:41 PM. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    I've got some potato apples on my duke of york earlies and my desiree maincrop which I hope to harvest!

Leave a comment:

• nerobot
    replied
    I'm going to have to try this if I ever get any potato fruits. Not that this ever happens

Oh well. Thanks for the great information anyway.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• pjh75
    replied
    I wish I'd kept my potato fruits now... I chucked em after the posts that warned about how poisonous they were and before the posts about growing from them - doh!

Leave a comment:

• Duronal
    replied
    Good spot snadger! don'e worry markwcel i've got some spare fruit that shouldyield some seeds that you can have.

Send me a PM with your address and i'll see what i can do.

quark :- i'm no expert! just a fool that doesn't know when he's beaten, my mother in law told me they were fruit and the rest was essentially a child's curiosity, fruit = seeds = plants for free......! i hope we can get this off the ground and you never know we could stumble onto something miraculous. (oh the dreams of a mad man)
    Last edited by Duronal; 22-07-2008, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• markwcel
    replied
    none of my first earlies gave me any seed....have maincrop with loads of flowers on now..hope i can get some seed off them to try...

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Just had a look through google and you CAN get true potato seed!

Potato Seed - Catalina Potato

Leave a comment:

• quark1
    replied
    Duronal - it was I, quark - I PM'd you a day or so back as I saw you were interested in seed on another thread.

As the house 'expert' I thought it only fair to save a set of 2 fruits for you - if you're interested? - and invite you to input your expertise - which you have done - Ta.

Just let me have your address details and I'll get them off to you!

Leave a comment:

• Duronal
    replied
    What i found most interesting is that these plants were pretty small and yet produced very reasonable crops for a minimal effort.

I found this quite interesting as it talks about growing conditions and yields.

1 Ton of Potatoes - AllotmentTV.co.uk

But i wonder if we couldn't manage to grow our own grapevine variety, I'm sure someone said that they grew blue potatoes and were saving the seed from fruit this year........i just can't remember who it was.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X