vacant allotments

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacant allotments

i dont know whats wrong with people in hartlepool but we have a vast amount of vacant plots with no waiting list!! maybe its to easy to go to morrisons or asda.
    there are no plants in my garden, only ingredients.

Maybe I should think about moving house - it's bound to be less hassle than getting a lottie around here!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I would love another one, but its just a tad too far to travel!!!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You'd get lynched of you went there Snadger
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
          You'd get lynched of you went there Snadger
          Got no problems with the Smoggies Nic its just those dammed Mackems!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just perpetuating a myth with my last comment...we love each other really

Diversify & prosper

Comment

As I know someone from the other side of the Tyne I wouldn't be so sure
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Got no problems with the Smoggies Nic its just those dammed Mackems!
                we are monkeyhangers not smoggies. so you'd only be in trouble if you resembled a chimp!
                there are no plants in my garden, only ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by crackapple View Post
                  we are monkeyhangers not smoggies. so you'd only be in trouble if you resembled a chimp!
                  Sorry crackapple, just seen the Teesside in the top left corner and assumed you were a Smoggie.
                  On reading the thread fully I realise you are a monkeyhanger coming from aartlepool.
                  Is there any rivalry between the Monkeyhangers,Smoggiies & Mackems then?
                  Or do you all gang up on the Geordies?

You would never think this was a GYO forum would you? Lol

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger can you please translate for me?
                    [

Comment

Think it could be best not to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I am too bloody nosey Alison - Moneyhangers and Smoggies??? I definitely want a translation Snadger. Please!
                        [

Comment

Haltlepudians were supposed to have hung a monkey during the first world war thinking he was a German spy!
                          If you've ever driven through Teesside you'l realise why they are called smoggies! Used to be predominently steel works, cooling towers smog etc, probably all cleaned up and a nice place to live now though!.!!!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks Snadger. The first world war was definitely before my time!! What or who are Mackems?
                            [

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                              Thanks Snadger. The first world war was definitely before my time!! What or who are Mackems?
                              Its a slur on the way people from the Sunderland area talk. ie Mackem and tackem (make them...take them)
                              Wees keees o theese (who's keys are these)

They send emails on a soopa doopa compewta (super dooper computer)

The geordies and mackums are a bit like the old firm Celtic v Rangers just without the religious content!

The smoggies have another name as well, but we won't go into that!

I come from a steel town myself..you may have heard of Consett...Consett Iron Company British Steel Corporation? Closed down in the eighties with 7000 redundancies! I was one of them!

I think the coloquial term for us was Woolleybacks because we lived out in the sticks among the sheep and were deemed to be tough b*****ds!

There's probably loads more regional nicknames, who have you got round your way?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X