Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a allotment in Upper Norwood (SE19)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to steve and there are about 30 on the list. With 400 plots thats not going to take long.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
      I spoke to steve and there are about 30 on the list. With 400 plots thats not going to take long.
      Hopefully you are right. Glenthorne Avenue was one of the nicest allotments sites I have visited over the past few weeks.

I went down to Enmore Road yesterday and spoke to their secretary and he has added me to the list (he had no idea how long it was nor could he give me any indication about how long I might be waiting). It's a nice little allotment site though.

I also went down to Heavers Farm but could get in so I gave up.

That's it now. My exhaustive search for a local allotment has meant I have been to 7 different places and I am on the list for all. After all that I have no idea how long I might have to wait for one to come up.

I left a message at Besham Manor allotments asking about getting on the waiting list. I got left a message back from a woman there very curtly saying "you are now on a list, don't bother to contact us for at least 3 years". Which I thought was both charming and nice. I won't be contact them again.

I will just sit and wait now.

Comment

Thats not good but you are on the list.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Does anyone know anything about the abbots way allotments down Elmers end way?

Comment

Have a look here:
            London Allotments Network Croydon Federation

Emmail them they may know of contacts in Bromley.

Comment

Have a look here:
              London Allotments Network Croydon Federation

Emmail them they may know of contacts in Bromley.
              I emailed them weeks ago, I have not received a reply from them.
              Last edited by funstuie; 12-05-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Last update from me for a while.

On Saturday I decided to do a little tour of the allotments I could find on google maps which I could not find details off on the web.

So I went to Adams road (tiny about 10 plots) - no one around and the number on the gate was out of service

Abbots way, all locked up and there was no contact details. I did manage to get someone's attention on the site but they had no idea who to contact and they would not let me in to check at the site hut. He went off and came back with a number for the site manager but I left a message and have not heard back.

I went to another which looked like allotments on google maps but turned out to be a graveyard.

There were 2 more which turned out to be too far away to be worth it so I gave up.

Hopefully in a year I might have some good news from one of the sites I am on the list at but I am not holding onto much hope at the moment.

Comment

You should get the prize for effort. Keep all the addresses and contact numbers then write a book.

Comment

Just a bit of an update. I started phoning a few of the places I am on lists to see what's what (I have been made redundant so I have some free time). Most the places the lists are still massive and there is no way to move up, I offered to volunteer just to get out of the house and also to try curry favour but they wouldn't have it.

So I gave up calling. I will try in the winter when it has died down a little.

NOG how's it going at your place? I remember you saying something about them bringing in some new plots this year.

Comment

We did and that just reduced the list to 50.

Our rents are due in September and we tend to loose a few then...I would get on the list and see what happens.

Comment

We did and that just reduced the list to 50.

Our rents are due in September and we tend to loose a few then...I would get on the list and see what happens.
                        I have been on the list there for a few months now. There wasn't 50 on the list when I signed up according to the site manager, there was only about 30odd.

Comment

You should be well up then...We have just had our Annual show so thats probally why there are more on the list.

Comment

You should be well up then...We have just had our Annual show so thats probally why there are more on the list.

Cheers NOG, I hope I am number one on the list now seeing as in may there was just 30 on the list and the new site was 30 half pllots. Do you have any contact details for the site manager Steve? Just want to make sure I am still on the list.
                            Last edited by funstuie; 14-08-2009, 07:09 AM.

Comment

PM me your real name and I will ask him tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by funstuie View Post
                                Cheers NOG, I hope I am number one on the list now seeing as in may there was just 30 on the list and the new site was 30 half pllots. .
                                That field is still awaiting funding as we are going to have to put land drains in and then add water.

However we went round and let all the plots that were against the wall and other bits that had not been in use for some time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X