Allotment Rules

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlung View Post
    If you have a shed on your plant you must maintain it in a serviceable condition
    A shed on your plant? Thats not going to help in the slightest. No wonder there are so many rules...
    http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

"You are not allowed to block communal pathways/haulingways"
      Originally posted by Shortie View Post
      Hold on... isn't this what your neighbour is doing?
      Yes - you're right - I know, but just like all the other rule breaking which impacts on other people, our council seem too lily-livered to take action.
      http://www.greenlung.blogspot.com
      http://www.myspace.com/rolandfrompoland

Comment

Originally posted by greenlung View Post
        "You are not allowed to block communal pathways/haulingways"

Yes - you're right - I know, but just like all the other rule breaking which impacts on other people, our council seem too lily-livered to take action.
        They probably are, but your Ground Steward should be doing something in the first instance anyway. Besides showing people new plots and caring for their own, they are resposible for making sure people abide by the rules!
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Bright Idea.

Originally posted by Stacey Steve View Post

In the end they decided that the electric fence needed a safety fence around it to stop anything getting electrocuted.

Is it me or is the world going mad?
          Sounds like a cunning plan to me, put up a bit of cheap FAKE Electric fence, council puts up decent fence to protect fake electric fence. Job Done.

Then tell the police some hoodies seen burying bags of drugs on your plot, police come and dig it over for you.

Sorted.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Re good7saint

I was baffled when you said "Anyone got any ideas how to get rid of the weeds and rubbish I have dug out, without transport"

Why not compost the weeds and put the rubbish in a bin bag either for when you do have transport or when there might be a rubbish collection point? Do other people on the site have the rubbish problem too?
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Lottie Rules

We remove our own rubbish and compost all but the nasty stuff not recommended for the compost heap such as stuff with spores. However there is a bonfire at the top end of the allotments onto which people can put larger burnable stuff.This is added to throughout the year and only lit on bonfire night so it does not bother anyone. I am afraid I complained over the years about allotment holders fires,as being a resident that backs onto the allotments,we were often forced to vacate our garden/greenhouse and close our windows on hot days because of smoke. we even saw people bringing rubbish to the lottie from their homes to burn it!I really feel there is little excuse now for bonfires.
              Asfor lottie rules............I SO WANT A SHED...............BUT NOT ALLOWED:
              Oooooh went to Hampton court flower show yesterday,Lovely Daily Mail exibit but the veg garden with raised beds was soooo perfect it made me feel uncomfortable!It was like something out of Stepford Wives,
              Did anyone else go?

Comment

No fires for us from 1st April to 31st October!

As you say, we can only burn what isn't compostable and make sure the wind direction isn't blowing towards nearby houses.
                Any complaints and the council will ban fires completely!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X