I'm going to need a new name...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to need a new name...

I called myself 1B because that was our plot number. 1A has always been unoccupied and is pretty much nettles growing on top of a scrap heap.

The site manager said the other day he was going to clear, it, so I jumped on the chance... and we're now the proud tenants (not paying rent on 1A until next year, because it's in too poor a state) of the whole of plot 1.

I'm not going to do a lot of cultivation on this one to start with, but we'll put in a couple of beds for flowers and fruit, and a few of my pots can sit there. Mostly I wanted the extra space to let my boys spread out a bit - because 1B is so tight for space, once things get growing it's hard for them to move without damaging plants which gets a bit stressful for all concerned. With a bit more space, they can build a den, make a mud patch, grow some pumpkins...

It also means, when we've saved up a bit, I can have a SHED. *faints with joy*

(I'm not really going to change my name.... )

You could always get a pet bee

Congrats on the new plot!
    My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

Congratulations 1a +Bee - how exciting
      I thought you were 1Bee because that's all you had for your hive.

Comment

Great news!!!!
        A shed?...yey...somewhere to pee into a bucket in private!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

YES Nicos! No longer will I have to drape a coat over the back of a garden chair and huddle in the corner beside the tool box.....

Comment

Ladies....really

Congrats on the addition

Comment

I made a garden toilet chair for the end of the garden. Just an old dining chair with a removable seat squab (which I removed, obviously). It was in the middle of the raspberry canes and was reasonably discreet
              No more squatting for me - not until the leg fell of the chair anyway!!

Comment

Genius....

Comment

Congrats 1Bee, i took on the second half of my plot a couple of years back and i'm loving the extra space.
                  He-Pep!

Comment

Well done... Could always use 1A as the goods entry and 1Bee for the special peoples

Is 1B not always known as the improvement to any property.

Comment

hooray! I have graduated from 93B to 93 myself this year. Just starting to put some beds in the new acres.
                      as you say, loads of room for small people to run around (my lad came down on Saturday and actually did something positively useful (he is only 3) for the first time). Enjoy the new acreage. (just make sure you do something in it to avoid the committee thinking it is Not Being Cultivated...)

Comment

Great news 1Bee, sounds like great family fun
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

Congratulations.

When we first took half a plot (A) 4 years ago someone else was supposed to have (B) but without doing anything to it they pulled out a couple of months later. It was offered to us but as newbies we resisted the urge until we knew what we could manage and needed. I said I would rotavate a couple of times to keep it clean and consider it for the next year if noone else came forward. Well we ended up with the whole lot and enjoy all the space for experiments, no dig beds, compost making/storage etc.
                          As a matter of principle we only install infrastucture on the original half so espalier fruit trees, rasperry canes, goosberries, raised beds, shed, etc. The idea being when/if we want to go steady in our doteage, we can release the other half for someone else to use and have all the benefits of an easy to grow half plot.

If you're not ready to grow over all of it yet, cover it in a thick layer of wood chips over cardboard and let nature kill the weeds and fertilise/mineralise ready for when you want to grow maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by hamamelis View Post
                            You could always get a pet bee
                            Just don't call it Eric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlrsqGal64w

Comment

Congratulations 1AB,you will soon have it licked into shape,when the sun comes out in summer,it will give you more idea of what to do where,good luck.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X