Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stoves (and ancilliary tea-making equipment)?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what you mean, Baldy, but I don't drive taxis.

Comment

^^^ Hmm... someone tells you to do something and you do it VC ? Seems unlikely...

Anyhow - I have a cheapo camping stove and kettle and a tea mug - I find the mug very useful for holding the contents of cider cans that would otherwise raise an eyebrow...
      Last edited by Baldy; 02-01-2018, 08:51 PM. Reason: must learn how to spell "find"
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I still have an old meths stove from when I did Duke of Edinburgh expeditions as a teenager, which works well but does burn my fingers ocasionally.
        Talking of which, have you thought about how you will keep stove and small person (I assume toddler) apart?

Comment

As always on this sort of thread, I remind you good people that all carbon based fuels are capable of producing carbon monoxide! It was a poorly installed wood burner that caused a death in north Nottingham late last year.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Like many others here, I just use an old camping stove. There's no running water on site, but I buy those jumbo gallon bottles that can be cut up after for a makeshift cloche, and have some decently sealing jars for biscuits, sugar, teabags, that I got for free because the biscuits I bought came in them. And a cheap camping set of pots to boil the water in.

All I need now is a decent bench and I can practically live up there!

Comment

thanks all, I shall consider accordingly. noted re small person. At the moment, I think the lure of the mud and potential for digging is sufficient to keep him away, but yes, a high shelf and a lot of watchfulness.

No room for a wood-burning stove in the shed

I might just build a rocket stove, to see if I can...

Comment

Of course there is always the Benghazi Burner made by the REME for the lads but NO its to darn dangerous.....

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                  Of course there is always the Benghazi Burner made by the REME for the lads but NO its to darn dangerous.....
                  Now, you can't leave anything with the magic word "dangerous" and not tell me more...

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benghazi_burner

Comment

I have one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/URN-TURKI...-/122011039272 which I bought for £10 from a village hardware shop in Turkey and brought home as hand luggage.

Comment

heh! what could possibly go wrong...?

plus I'd need to buy the sand...

Comment

Wow, whiskywill. Love the name of the vendor! But it looks like it's on a test run for an outer space voyage. Is it safe?!

Comment

Ive got the same set up as Mike, just a campingaz suitcase stove. Id bought one previously but it got nicked when my shed was broken into. The new one has “Keep your hands off, you thieving f**kers” and “If not in my shed then this is nicked” written all over it in in jet black sharpie.
                            I quite like the all in one coffee sticks for the allotment, saves me having to remember milk. However im very cross that I didnt think of biscuits!!!!

Comment

That's the one VC, the one I had made was slightly different as it would be. 2ft of 9" diameter steel pipe with a 2ft steel cone welded to the bottom of the 9" pipe and narrowing at the top the whole then supported on 3 legs.

A gallon of water was poured in and below went a 16 ounce ration tin 3/4 filled with dry sand this was then topped off with petrol. the taper cone acted like a forced draught flue so when the petrol was lit it turned into a gigantic Bunsen burner. One gallon off boiling water less than 2 minutes ideal for washing in the field. My crew of 3 first and if anyone else used it they bought a fresh can and their own water.

Trouble is couldn't use it now, can't run fast enough when things go wrong, so unless your Usain Bolt please Don't try this at home....

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I have a kelly kettle for tea but if I'm up for the day in the summer I use a two burner Coleman petrol stove for tea,or if I have the time and the veg a veggy soup made while on site
                                don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                                remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X