Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stoves (and ancilliary tea-making equipment)?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoves (and ancilliary tea-making equipment)?

now that the small person is happy to come and prod at the earth, my wife has conceded she may wish to attend the allotment from time to time. To facilitate this, a stove (tea for the purposes of) is on my list of things to obtain.

Has anybody got tea-making kit on site, and if so, what do you have?

Always fancied putting one of these in a shed, just never got round to it and we have a larger(and bit posher) one in the house now.
    https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/potb...st-iron-stove/

Comment

I had a cheap portable camping stove that I left in the shed together with a tupperware of teabags and a big bottle of fresh water. I just carried the gas can to and from the allotment each time. It was one a bit like this, only cost about a tenner:

Click image for larger version

Name:	gas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2376030

(edit) oh, and I left a whistle kettle in the shed too, obv.
      Last edited by Martin H; 02-01-2018, 02:31 PM.
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Same as Martin, does the job and cheap solution.

Comment

iv'e got a two burner and a grill gas stove (fold up jobie)in my shed but I dont use it I just take a Thermos and half the time don't drink it all! iv'e got a cast iron barbie up there that i'll use when it warms up! atb Dal

Comment

Stove is quick, easy, not expensive.

Wilkos had them I think, and the kettles.

Comment

Same as Martin, but 9 times out of 10 I take a flask in the winter
              Last edited by Cadalot; 02-01-2018, 03:33 PM.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

These ghillie kettles look great -
                https://www.ghillie-kettle.co.uk/vid...le-s-in-action

Comment

It all depends on what you want and need,if only 1or2 drinks,then we use the stanley,especialy when water not on,or convienience,we also have a 2 burner grill,good for when you fancy a bit a toast,cook dinner,1 side and kettle the other,the g kettle was had by a previouse lottie goer,but not my choice,i leave a sealed box in the shed with small jars of tea,coffee ext,and take mugs and milk fresh,plus what ever you want that day,also a comfy seat for her to sit on hehehehehe,don't forget the bicies.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I usually take a flask of boiled water. At the allotment I have a tool tray with the essentials in: mug, tea, coffee, teaspoon, radio.

I do like the look of the ghillie/storm kettles, and there are some nice small rocket stoves about. Bit pricey, though, for what they are. I have in the past built a rocket stove with bricks: cheap as chips and quite effective too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                      I love these but can't afford one. A couple of years back I walked the Roman Wall and all I had for heating stuff was a bean can with holes around the top and a small bottle of meths. Found the design on line and it was easy to make, easy to use and dead easy and light to pack. Because I had no more use for it I threw it away on the return leg!

This was it:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72WO6j4CCqE
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have a "Pot Bellied Stove" adopted from a "Calor Gas" canister, mounted on top of, and welded to the top of a 45 gallon steel drum which as a large oval arch cut out for storing the wood I burn on it, and chimneyed through the shed roof, and boils a kettle in a breath, and is the "Bee's Knee's"!

Dare not post a photo, as I did once before to get VC's "Pointy Stick" stuck up my nose for doing so!

But is lovely!
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

the g kettles are similar to the old kelly kettles , but they are lot more than I want to pay on the otherhand Snadgers boiler is just the right price! atb Dal

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                            I have a "Pot Bellied Stove" adopted from a "Calor Gas" canister, mounted on top of, and welded to the top of a 45 gallon steel drum which as a large oval arch cut out for storing the wood I burn on it, and chimneyed through the shed roof, and boils a kettle in a breath, and is the "Bee's Knee's"!

Dare not post a photo, as I did once before to get VC's "Pointy Stick" stuck up my nose for doing so!

But is lovely!
                            I was under instruction, Deano Nothing personal, honest
                            IIRC it was because of this http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1290598
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 02-01-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

^^^ uber-mod
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X