My plot in its 3rd Year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi WendyC

Just been looking at my agreement and I'm supposed to have a half plot and it states its approx 150 square yards although I seem to think its a lot more as the plot my neighbor that has the bottom half deffo looks smaller. I'll get the measure out this weekend to see what the size is.

The rent is £22.65 per year and my plot has a water tap conveniently at one corner, its not just mine but for the other plotters nearby as well but there are no other extra charges for use the brown compost bins or water.

Some of the plots are massive as there are still a few 'old boys' who had them in the 1950's when the plots were twice the size they are now and are still cultivating them. (One of them is in the top right near the brown compost bins and the chap who rents it is behind the massive fruit cage doing some work).

Our council are also very hot when it comes to plots not being worked on and having too many weeds and will send a warning letter if during their inspection they notice this. Failure to comply and you will lose your plot, they are very understanding about changes that happen in peoples circumstances and don't go in heavy handed. I know of one old boy who was in hospital and his neighbors took it in turns to maintain his plot until he was back and able to get back down, makes you proud to be British sometimes.
    The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Thanks mate i edited my last post for you .
      Plot looks REAL

Comment

Right an update, just had umteen strawberry plants delivered, got:
        10 x Honeoye, 10 x Florence and 10 x Mara Des Bois so with the existing bed that will be 42 plants good job I like them.

Also had 5 free Gijnlim asparagus crowns to add to the bed of 30 crowns I planted last year

plus a dead spikey stick ...... or what looks like one with a label saying 'Gooseberry Xenia' on it, already decided where on the plot that will be together with the poundland one I bought last weekend.

Good job I started to combine two small beds into one large one for all the strawberry plants I've got, will be potting the goosegog plant asap and wetting the asparagus crowns and wrapping them in a temp plastic bag so I can sort them out at the weekend.

I will be posting a video of the plot this weekend.

Comment

Sounds like it's coming on a treat! Good on you
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Took today off work and did some chores in the back garden and went down B&Q for some stuff and noticed in the garden center bit a Queen Bumblebee going round the flowers.

Got down to the plot this afternoon and had a surprise when I got there my Broad Beans are now in flower and boy what alot of flowers, heard the sound of buzzing and saw Mr Bumble or should I say Mrs Bumble visiting the flowers so my fear about them not being pollinated are unfounded.

Took a picture for you to see.

Looks like I might have a bumper crop this year.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Muddy_Boots; 30-03-2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Was at the plot this afternoon and netted up my winter Peas that are now also starting to flower same as the Broad Beans. Looked at the brassicas over from last year and noticed a small head forming in a Romanesco Cauliflower. that will be my first ever of that variety, have sown more at home now so they form heads this year instead.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X