Fire trouble

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veggielot View Post
    If in doubt ask your site rep if its okay for you to have the fire, they can't come back and then say you shouldn't be able to complain.
    Worth remembering this is not an option on many sites that don't have reps. We just talk to each other and try and be considerate. Probably easier on a small site like ours (10 plots) though than some of the larger ones.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I think it was the Site Rep who gave Jonny the ear bashing after agreeing it was fine to have a fire.
      Last edited by Bigmallly; 05-02-2016, 10:07 AM.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I am too scared to ever lit a fire, when you see mountains blazing and can't be put out and so many things dying in the path, just i don't dare. My horrible horrible neighbour (owns the land next to us) had a fire and set the whole area on fire even took out some of my house with it, the helicopters were taking water from people's pools. Scary very very scary, fires should be used for warmth in a proper burner.
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          I think it was the Site Rep who gave Jonny the ear bashing after agreeing it was fine to have a fire.
          It was but he thinks im great now as I built his shed for him .
          Learnt my lesson now gunna build a new shed with a log burner.
          When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I had the same problem this year. We went away for a few days and came home to a huuuuge bough of a Conker tree on my lawn. It took us 3 days to clear it. Chain saw, chipper and a fire. There was lots of debris that just wouldn't go down the chipper and was just too much to clear and bag. I asked all the neighbours before hand and didn't light it till late. Said neighbours came laden with garden rubbish that they wanted to get rid off....
            I light a log fire every evening from September - May. Love the smell.
            well done scarlet keep them fires going dont worry about sarcastic comments from others

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
              It was but he thinks im great now as I built his shed for him .
              Learnt my lesson now gunna build a new shed with a log burner.
              Coffee and baked spuds on your break! I think Snadger has a log burner in one of his greenhouses?

Comment

I actually asked for permission to build a 2 floor shed which would of incorporated a LSHAPE bottom floor and a panoramic top floor for seed sewing but was told NO as the height limit is 6ft 6 inch so I think more favours for members of the committee is due.
                When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Their have been moves a foot to actually ban log-burners on Newcastle allotment sites! Thankfully sense has prevailed and it is up to each allotment association committee to decide whether log-burners are allowed on that particular site.
                  As 50% of the committee on our site, including myself, have log burners, I'll give you three guesses as to what our allotment stance is going to be!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We cant have them as the neighbours rightly complain

We have an area for putting unusable/rotten wood & have a big bonfire on 5th Nov and maybe once again during the year....but make sure its late and at the bottom of the site away from the houses.
                    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X