Fire trouble

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble burning exessive trees off there plot.

Was the wood dry and well seasoned? If not then it'd burn in a very annoying-to-neighbours- way.

Chop it and offer it on freecycle.

You don't need to burn anything on an allotment - apart from maybe a bit of a fire for making a brew. And even then it should not be smokey to annoy neighbours.

Comment

sounds like the right wind direction was away from his house Jonny

Someone will always complain no matter what you do - sounds like you tried to be respectful and tried to follow the rules - what more can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
        Was the wood dry and well seasoned? If not then it'd burn in a very annoying-to-neighbours- way.

Chop it and offer it on freecycle.

You don't need to burn anything on an allotment - apart from maybe a bit of a fire for making a brew. And even then it should not be smokey to annoy neighbours.
        Yeah very dry .
        Never heard of free cycle would they have taken 9 trees.
        When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Yeah very dry .
          Never heard of free cycle would they have taken 9 trees.
          "They" don't take anything, it's just a site where people can offer up things hey don't want or need and hopefully somebody else either wants the thing you have or has the thing you need. No money changes hand. I know with the growth of wood burning stoves, anybody with dry wood round here pretty much gets mugged for it so I would imagine they would go quickly

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Here Jonny, this is the Leeds Freecycle Group. Anyone can join. It will give you an idea of what people give away or want, you may find something yourself for the lottie.

Leeds Freecycle Group
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
              Like i said, all people ask is a bit of thought lol. nice attitude btw and enjoy your burning and disreguard for others, top marks.
              will do lol thanks

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

I'm so confused - and I'm not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    I'm so confused - and I'm not the only one
                    What are you confused about on this thread? There's other ones that have me far more bewildered

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

You mean my answer with a hint of invisible sarcasm Jc ?

Comment

That's the one, JA
                        You've sown your seed on stoney ground

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          That's the one, JA
                          You've sown your seed on stoney ground
                          Ah, I didn't find that confusing, just amusing

Comment

"Stoney ground encourage the strongest plantlets"

Think that was Chatlotte Church

Comment

As a rule I don't have a fire but I had 9 trees to get rid of .
                              I had the same problem this year. We went away for a few days and came home to a huuuuge bough of a Conker tree on my lawn. It took us 3 days to clear it. Chain saw, chipper and a fire. There was lots of debris that just wouldn't go down the chipper and was just too much to clear and bag. I asked all the neighbours before hand and didn't light it till late. Said neighbours came laden with garden rubbish that they wanted to get rid off....
                              I light a log fire every evening from September - May. Love the smell.

Comment

I have no problem with a plot holder having the occasional small fire. If you have a fire then I would expect some consideration if I neighboured the plot. I wouldn't want to spend all day downwind of someone's fire for example.

If in doubt ask your site rep if its okay for you to have the fire, they can't come back and then say you shouldn't be able to complain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X