X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little progress pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, not sure what happened with the orientation.

Comment

It doesn't matter how I flip your photo, none of it looks right!!
        Photos seem to load better in landscape or cropped portrait. At least you can post photos now

Comment

Originally posted by VegMan82 View Post
          Thanks for all the tips!!

I love the sound of the walk in tunnel - one rather silly question though - how would I get in?

!
          Here is a bit of an idea,mine were walk in cages now dismantled,1 is the poly tunnel doorway,whatever materials you use or for whatever shape you end up with,you do not have to have a door way,ideas for you,
          simply gather up the netting at your chosen entrance and weight it down,
          make a door frame out off wood{no need at all for a rebate unless u want a 1 on hinges}
          then either mackal up a frame for a door you can easy remove for entry,or simply knock a few nails or tacks in the wood frame say aprox 1 ft apart and hook your net onto it,ti's up to you,on your diy level and what you can scrounge,have fun the green and white net cages show both options,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 14-10-2015, 09:35 PM.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            It doesn't matter how I flip your photo, none of it looks right!!
            What you need is a photorotator..............

Attached Files
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

So,I found a photorotator!😀
              This is the first quarter of the plot so far.

Thanks Lottie, that's some great tips!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, vegman. I'm joining the allotmenteer ranks this weekend as well. Exciting times. Just in time for winter lots of time to prep and build beds. I'm going to go the pallet route too I think. I've luckily just dismantled a bunch for a green house project, and collected windows, which might get built at my plot now instead of my garden. My garden might get turned over to ornamentals and salads - stuff that's nice to pick fresh and needs a bit more watching over. I can't wait to get going. Looks like you're making quick progress

Comment

Thanks Dilettante, and welcome to the Allotment club!
                  I'm doing ok progress wise, but not quite as fast as I would have liked, having two little ones means that any 'me' time is sometimes a bit rare - although the purchase of some Gruffalo gardening tools for the eldest one (3) has meant that he's happy down there for an hour or so.
                  Good luck with your plot!

Comment

Quick update then, I've managed to work out where the beds along the front of the plot are going, and I'm nearly ready for the first one. They'll be 1m X 4.5m so hopefully big enough.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thought you'd found a photorotator..................

Attached Files
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        Thought you'd found a photorotator..................

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60122[/ATTACH]
                        I did, but it ran out of petrol!��

Comment

Haha. Gruffalo tools are a good idea. Might need to get those for my niece and nephews.

Comment

Originally posted by dilettante View Post
                            Haha. Gruffalo tools are a good idea. Might need to get those for my niece and nephews.
                            He loved using them!

Comment

So, a little update then after the weekend:-

The first bed is fully dug over, the frame built for it and most importantly of all......a row of Garlic sets have been planted!!

It's such a good feeling having planted the first items. that was my goal to start off with - see if I could get a bed ready in time to get something planted before winter, I've still got some red & white onion sets to go in too so its all looking good.

The bed is 4.2m x 1.2m so quite a nice size, and I've got a little stockpile of wooden pallets ready to make the rest of the beds (there is a house near the allotment that is having some quite extensive building works carried out to it and so I chanced my arm and asked if I could relieve them of all their pallets - result!)

Once they're in I'm going to concentrate on getting the rest of the plot in some sort of shape / order.

Such a positive weekend!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

Comment

Pictures, man!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X